Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 20d
Posted (edited)

I was thinking it might be a good idea to replace or clean your air filters after yesterdays dust storm!! lol im sure my pannel filter in my fg is now red!! im going to replace it tonight!

anyone had a look at theirs yet???

Edited by LT5PLA
  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Luckily my FG was pulled apart and tucked away undercover.

But yeah, worth a look at the filters if you did a bit of driving yesterday

  • Enforcer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yes, did mine, had the same thought, drove back from the Goldie yesterday, and saw plenty of the red stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Just did mine (Apparently the bathtub ISNT the place to clean a K&N......phhhut chicks what would they know)

Only 2,000km since I did it and I didnt drive till the air was looking clearer yesterday. Bottom of the bath looked like mud within seconds.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted

to clean my filter I must remove the front bumper bar :shocked:

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I fitted the K & N Filter to my FG F6 and would like to clean it after the dust storms, problem is I am not really sure howto?

Should I simply rinse it with water to clean it, or is there some special way it needs to be done?

Cheers guys,

eicarsto

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted

KN have a cleaning kit that you can pick up from most auto parts stores including supercheap auto. You spray the cleaning fluid on it which releases the dirt and oil. You then rinse the filter and re oil with the supplied oil. It will come with instructions and cost is about $ 20.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Or what I do... just wash it in the laundry with some decent laundry powder.

Gets out the oil and dirt nicely. Then just re-apply the K&N Oil spray when the filter is dry.

Once again, I have to pull my bumper off to clean the filter too.

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted

When cleaning a K&N you should rinse it out in the reverse direction of flow. This will minimise any dirt or impurities being impregnated deeper into the filter. Re-oil it in the direction of flow also.

If you buy a K&N cleaning kit it will give you the correct instructions.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA
Posted

Hey guys,

I wasn't in that dust storm (im in Perth) but I pulled my front bar off and cleaned the filter while it was off to find the thing dirty as hell after 7500kms! Its mostly city driven apart from a few country road trips.

its a K&N pod filter, but I found sh*t inside the element!

THIS is what was on the inside of the rubber mounting bit when I ran my finger over it....... WTF!!!!!

Is this normal?

post-13835-12547099982_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...