jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Location: adelaide Posted 10/09/09 12:43 PM Posted 10/09/09 12:43 PM just wondering what pessure ppl with decent power are running in the rear tyres?
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 10/09/09 12:54 PM Posted 10/09/09 12:54 PM (edited) 39psi in my 19s Edited 10/09/09 12:54 PM by Mr Man
Nolz Member 80 Member For: 18y 29d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 10/09/09 08:57 PM Posted 10/09/09 08:57 PM 18"s 40psi all round. Tyre wear seems to be even, grip/performance in both wet and dry is reasonable on the oem tyres.
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 11/09/09 12:44 AM Posted 11/09/09 12:44 AM I somethimes have a bit lower in the rear tyres, around 34 36 psi, so to help the rears grip the road better.well that's the idea... ahhaa
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 11/09/09 03:35 AM Posted 11/09/09 03:35 AM your on the money kevo.when im on the track I take the 18s to 24psi
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 5m 26d Location: Wollongong Posted 11/09/09 04:30 AM Posted 11/09/09 04:30 AM yeah kevo u r right run ya rear tyres softer comapired to front. the more psi u jump into the rear the easier they smoke up.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 11/09/09 04:36 AM Posted 11/09/09 04:36 AM I run 36 all round on 18's. Maybe I should run closer to 40 too.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 5d Location: adelaide Posted 12/09/09 01:07 AM Author Posted 12/09/09 01:07 AM I had 38psi all round on good rubber(toyo proxe 4s) and traction was a big issue, my tune is pritty agressive and I found it spinning in 2nd and 3rd quit easy, I tried 34 in the rear was a bit better, now I have 32 in the rear and traction is much better, still handles good, I know they will not last as long but id be lucky to do 15k a year
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/09/09 03:06 AM Posted 12/09/09 03:06 AM What size rims have you got? Don't you feel it rolling around on the tyres with them that low?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now