TURBO4LT

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 8m 10d

Its just 3 boost maps, I run an eBoost. The first is basically on the actuator settings the second a little more boost & the 3 is the final power setting with steeper torque curve, makes it a little easier to drive in the wet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

Yes, all three makes it easy to change power levels instantly at the push of a button even on the go.

How good is changing power on the fly!

Harey - With the eBoost you have to tune for for the highest boost level if you plan on changing boost levels on the fly.

Boost affects your AFR's. For example, assuming you have your high boost setting (say 18psi) tuned for flat 12 afr's then your low boost setting of say 14psi will run something like 11.0 AFR (unless you flash in a tune re-calibrated for 14psi). Therefore keeping the boost levels closish is the best option, as has been done in this case for the two main tunes (by the looks of things).

Also the eBoost allows you to put in an RPM compensation curve (to tackle boost drop off at high rpm if maintaining a flat boost level is an issue) but in doing this with the fords is does mean there will be some boost variation with air temp etc so most tuners with eBoost don't bother with this. Best way around any drop off issues is having a good wastegate port and a strong actuator. TURBO4LT has a 15psi one in this case which was a smart move :-) Awesome car!

Thanks, I actually have an RPM module hooked into the eboost which has helped with boost drop off via the compensation method rather than setpoint mapping. Another handy feature is you can set the eboost to sound a buzzer or led at a preset rpm giving you a shift light.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d

Frank , just curious as to how the option 3+ is handling 400 atw. I know Mal has super gear, but should people be leaning towards a higher spec with this kind of power.I'm know there are members chasing big power in manuals and I would like them to have the best gear. From Mal that goes without saying .

Like BCL your car has been a journey and credit to all invoved so your feedback would be welcomedspoton.gif

Frank , just curious as to how the option 3+ is handling 400 atw. I know Mal has super gear, but should people be leaning towards a higher spec with this kind of power.I'm know there are members chasing big power in manuals and I would like them to have the best gear. From Mal that goes without saying .

Like BCL your car has been a journey and credit to all invoved so your feedback would be welcomedspoton.gif

The clutch is holding at the moment, on Jims dyno its pretty easy to detect clutch slip since there is no tyre traction problems and its only the Option 3.

I think it would be wise to go for the Option 3+ or twin plate to be safe and I will probably upgrade mine to this spec in the future just to be safe I doubt this clutch would be too happy to have hard launches on sticky tyres but on the street its fine so far.