vulpes Member 24 Member For: 17y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/09/09 09:09 AM Posted 02/09/09 09:09 AM Hi, I am replacing my standard radio with the premium sound system. Apparantly its just a plug in deal ? Can you give me any tips on removing the centre unit that holds the radio in. where do I start ? the screws seem fairly well hidden ?Thanks heapsDarryl
mjadeb1984 Señor Member Legacy Donating Member 391 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/09/09 09:12 AM Posted 02/09/09 09:12 AM someones done a great write up on how to remove it man. try the searching "icc removal", its got pics 'n everything.to start you off though pull the gear shifter surround off and go from there.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 02/09/09 09:18 AM Posted 02/09/09 09:18 AM undo screws and it will slide out
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/09/09 09:31 AM Posted 02/09/09 09:31 AM AFAIK you cannot just unplug the ICC and plug in a different one. You will need to get Ford to program the BEM to accept the new ICC as they are coded to the ECU.I also do not think you can just upgrade to a higher spec unit as the wiring is different.I could be wrong as I have not upgraded personally, but I seem to remember reading several threads on it.
vulpes Member 24 Member For: 17y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 02/09/09 11:09 AM Author Posted 02/09/09 11:09 AM thanks for the response guys. I read the post regarding the install and it will work without any re-coding. The unit has had a reset by ford so apparently its just plug in, it matches to my car and away it goes. Will be interesting to see how it works.
GNU UP Member 124 Member For: 17y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: sydney south Posted 02/09/09 12:11 PM Posted 02/09/09 12:11 PM hey darryl,cheers for post on our exchange, unfortunately is was locked so I could not do a write up, as we are both happy and yr help was greatly appreciated I look forward to helping eachother out as time goes on.how much did you pick up the premium sound? was looking into it today but was faced with question you have asked if I go ahead with it.cheers jason
vulpes Member 24 Member For: 17y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 05/09/09 10:17 AM Author Posted 05/09/09 10:17 AM Hey Jason, Sorry mate. Just checked in and got your message. I paid $850 for it through ebay. I will let you know how the install goes. I would really like to wire it up to play my ipod movies but maybe that's hoping for too much ? Still I did read you could adapt RCA plugs to one but it sounds way out of my technical depth. Whats the go with these RGB converters how do they work ( this is a general question Jason not aimed at you......unless you know )Anyway Jason thanks for the black lines, I had a chuckle when I saw them. Pretty good length mate !!Cheers.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 06/09/09 08:22 AM Posted 06/09/09 08:22 AM zap mate I have a lot of respect for what you do here but do some reading on the site before giving advice , plenty of us have changed and upgraded icc's without having to get ford to reset it just read azid rush's sticky in the audio thread solves all your problems.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now