baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 10d Posted 01/09/09 10:03 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 10:03 AM (edited) yea no I dont just take it to any mech shop only use the performance shops I have mates who are "mechenics" I wouldn't let them change the oilI usually use RDP in redcliff but that was too far for a tow truck (would have cost a fortune) so its at RPM in caboolture who I know have tuned a few fords and a heap of importsand yes the car was tuned after the zorst and dump all got done at RDP Edited 01/09/09 10:03 AM by baf6
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 10d Posted 01/09/09 10:05 AM Author Posted 01/09/09 10:05 AM A loose flywheel would make a rattle but not account for the oil light coming onno the rattle is def from the very front of the engine thought it was a pulley at first
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 10d Posted 02/09/09 06:45 AM Author Posted 02/09/09 06:45 AM ok, got a call today from rpm where my car is he tells me im up sh*t creek!says he hooked the car up to test the oil pressure turned it over a few times and BANG! now the engine is seized, he says it will turn backwards but not forwards.I think it sound like the cam chain slipped/came off and the piston has hit a valve, Possible?I have the same problem with an old silvia I have and I think that's wat it is I am not happyany one got any advice or feedback please lay it on me.
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 11d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 04/09/09 06:36 AM Posted 04/09/09 06:36 AM dude something doesnt sound right here, There are heaps of guys on this forum that know more about this than me, but I have never heard of a failing timing chain on these engines. Oil pump gears are a definate weak link in the barra chain and are common for rev limit drivers haha, Also, why the hell is your clutch slipping at 35ohp with a fpv twin plate clutch? that too doesn't sound right, (unless its smoked)
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 1d Gender: Male Posted 04/09/09 06:51 AM Posted 04/09/09 06:51 AM I thought these were non-interference engines? Sounds like its time for a rebuild. Once that is complete, sell it and buy an auto. There are safe ways to test a clutch, circle work is not one of them.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m Location: adelaide Posted 04/09/09 09:37 AM Posted 04/09/09 09:37 AM mate I feel for ya, deffently not the fone call you wanted, what is the oil pressure for these warm at idle supost to be?
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 10d Posted 17/09/09 05:45 AM Author Posted 17/09/09 05:45 AM finnally got around to draining the oil and its clean shouldn't there be metal filings if the oil pump gears have gone?also the engine just locks up now it'll turn backwards but locks up when it gets back to the same point
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 17/09/09 07:01 AM Posted 17/09/09 07:01 AM (edited) I did plenty of circle work in my ute 03 xr6t on and off the limiter never caused a problem lol did happen how ever to ruin a power steering pump Edited 17/09/09 07:02 AM by xr6turboman
madmelon Member 2 Member For: 17y 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/10/09 02:45 PM Posted 01/10/09 02:45 PM (edited) If the oil pump gears have shattered the pieces may be locking as the engine tries to rotate.Hat the timing chain snap in my mums EL immediately after having a head gasket done. Excess tension + 170,000km = fail. Edited 01/10/09 02:46 PM by madmelon
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 01/10/09 04:30 PM Posted 01/10/09 04:30 PM it is possible for the pump gears pieces to jump under the chain allowing the valve to hit a piston.sennas mate fooked a motor from this very problem.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now