mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 24/08/09 10:10 AM Posted 24/08/09 10:10 AM fark well done mate !! are u using cams ? sounds bloody angry !!
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 26d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 24/08/09 10:13 AM Posted 24/08/09 10:13 AM got a transbrake, but have not used it at this stage.has more in it, just sneaking up on it (learning) the standed tail shaft seems to love the 1.39 60ft. had a high power tune with me (another 30 kws)but I need to go over this info first, to be honest I thought if I had run the power I run with the 1.39 60ft, I thought it would go 9.6 its not just about throwing power at it.I done the power a bit different last night, I pulled a bit of timing out, compared to when I hurt the old one, but put more boost in, and all I can think of is with the more boost, the inlet temps might have creped up a bit and pulled to much out, (this has got just your every day Process west intercooler in it,) so I might put some timing back in and give it a go. I expected about 142mph.Awesome effort mate I'm surprised you're not logging all your runs
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 24/08/09 12:33 PM Author Posted 24/08/09 12:33 PM I'm surprised you're not logging all your runs I should have, I use to, and I would have the info I need to know if I did. David
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Posted 24/08/09 02:22 PM Posted 24/08/09 02:22 PM Hey Dave, was awesome to see your car in action ... certainly made me smile seeing a BA falcon sedan run much faster than the ZZR and R1 1000cc street bikes on the night! Wish it was possible to duplicate the performance of your car in a street trim BF Falcon! lolI'll definitely be back for a drag tune soon to see if I can get kicked off the track at the next test and tune now you've proven my car hooks up and drives straight and controllable off the line! Cheers Justin
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 24/08/09 08:39 PM Author Posted 24/08/09 08:39 PM fark well done mate !! are u using cams ? sounds bloody angry !!no, standed cams, the lumpy motor you can here while I am staging is another car in the backround, if you listen, they turn it off while I am at the lights, you can hardly hear mine until I am flat. David
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 24/08/09 08:42 PM Author Posted 24/08/09 08:42 PM I'll definitely be back for a drag tune soon to see if I can get kicked off the track at the next test and tune now you've proven my car hooks up and drives straight and controllable off the line! Cheers Justinthat will be good to see, can't wait, will not take your car long to be kicked off. David
wogrocket Member 43 Member For: 19y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 25/08/09 02:10 AM Posted 25/08/09 02:10 AM Hey Dave, was awesome to see your car in action ... certainly made me smile seeing a BA falcon sedan run much faster than the ZZR and R1 1000cc street bikes on the night! Wish it was possible to duplicate the performance of your car in a street trim BF Falcon! lolI'll definitely be back for a drag tune soon to see if I can get kicked off the track at the next test and tune now you've proven my car hooks up and drives straight and controllable off the line! Cheers JustinHey Justin It was good to catch up with you the other day again... I was hoping you were going to race your car at the strip.. ohwell maybe nextimeMick
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Posted 25/08/09 03:48 AM Posted 25/08/09 03:48 AM Hey Justin It was good to catch up with you the other day again... I was hoping you were going to race your car at the strip.. ohwell maybe nextimeMickHey Mick ... thanks for all your help, much appreciated. Yep I'll definitely be back soon ... with a chromoly drive shaft fitted and a nice little 11 litre fuel cell in the boot so I stop wasting good fuel.
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 14d Posted 25/08/09 03:56 AM Posted 25/08/09 03:56 AM I done the power a bit different last night, I pulled a bit of timing out, compared to when I hurt the old one, but put more boost in, and all I can think of is with the more boost, the inlet temps might have creped up a bit and pulled to much out, (this has got just your every day Process west intercooler in it,) so I might put some timing back in and give it a go. I expected about 142mph.Interesting comment Dave. Even on my car Tune 1 with less boost and more timing is much stronger on the street than Tune 2 with more boost and less timing despite the dyno saying Tune 2 was the most powerful. Inlet temps obviously play havoc on these cars performance (ignition timing) for sure!Cheers Justin
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 25/08/09 09:40 AM Posted 25/08/09 09:40 AM no, standed cams, the lumpy motor you can here while I am staging is another car in the backround, if you listen, they turn it off while I am at the lights, you can hardly hear mine until I am flat. Davidyer I knew that lol. but your car while doin the burnout sounds like a fully bombed rb !!!! awesome !!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now