Brandonn Legacy Donating Member 2,304 Member For: 18y 24d Gender: Male Location: port hedland Posted 22/08/09 10:37 AM Posted 22/08/09 10:37 AM looks means fark all when your getting beaten by a ricer
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 22/08/09 09:36 PM Author Posted 22/08/09 09:36 PM move from nz 2k well spent get on the main land hahahahayeh if 2k is the budget go looks dude if u get a taste of power ull want more and way more $$$ wil be neededwell.... 2k doesnt HAVE to be the budget lol
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 11d Location: adelaide Posted 23/08/09 02:02 AM Posted 23/08/09 02:02 AM 2500 got me from stock to 317kw, you just have to shop around
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 3m 2d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 23/08/09 02:32 AM Posted 23/08/09 02:32 AM Two and a half grand for 300kw+ is the bargin of the century, you will have to explain how you did that one.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 23/08/09 03:06 AM Posted 23/08/09 03:06 AM I got 320rwkw with 3grand all second hand parts, cooler, piping, injectors, exhaust, gauges, bling tail lights, bov, flash box and a tune only thing I bought new was the pump. I kept all my original parts but I did have to trade exhausts lets just say I was in the right place at the right time
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 23/08/09 03:19 AM Posted 23/08/09 03:19 AM Are we talking auto or manual guys as we all know manuals read higher? My auto cost me 3k on its own to keep up with everything else and now this week another 3g is going on exhaust,turbo housing,actuator and tune and that's with me removing the turbo etc. If you got that power in a 4 spd auto and the auto is lasting ok you have done extremely well. xr6turboman,if your budget is higher than 2g go the mod path but be prepared for your planned budget to get blown out a bit as when it bites it bites hard. For those who have squashed the bug when it came back the second time must be either very smart,very broke or have a hard ass partner haha.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 23/08/09 03:26 AM Posted 23/08/09 03:26 AM yea mines a 6spd auto so no clutch or strengthening required
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 23/08/09 03:50 AM Posted 23/08/09 03:50 AM One of the lucky ones ay...... All I can say is I am not doing this round of mods for looks but the money I have spent on this car I could of built something older,smaller and alot quicker. Just the whole daily driver is what gets me.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 11d Location: adelaide Posted 23/08/09 04:03 AM Posted 23/08/09 04:03 AM Two and a half grand for 300kw+ is the bargin of the century, you will have to explain how you did that one.ebay is your friend seimens deka 60s brand new off ebay $288walbro brand new off ebay $150hdi intercooler brand new off ebay $550second hand capa flash box $400fitted the cooler myself $0took it to bruce heinrich performance tuneing they-fitted supplied pump-fitted supplied injectors-supplied and fitted larger actuator-removed the cat and gutted it-custom tunetotal $1200so in total I have spent $2588mine is a bf with a zf so I didnt really need to worrie about gearbox issues or valve springsits all about being patiant dont go out and spend top dollar and get everything in a week, I hunted around for over 3 months to get all my gearthe result a nice 317@14 psi
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 23/08/09 04:48 AM Author Posted 23/08/09 04:48 AM THanks for the advise team... I do have time so there won't be any rushing in... its basically just going to be my clutch that's going to blow the budget lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now