Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d
Posted

Hi Guys,

Just ordered mine 2 days ago. The dealer said to expect a 6 week delivery time for manufacture. I have heard some commenrts around the traps that Ford got hit with the June rush, and orders a backed up serveral months.

Anyone got any insight to this? I am cutting it a bit fine with the expiry of the lease on jmy current vehicle, and rego and tyres are due in October.

Andrew

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Andrew

I ordered a G6ET last weekend (08/08/09). Got a call on Tuesday to say that I was lucky that they were able to prioritise my build and that it would therefore go into production at the end of August, with a delivery date half way through September or the third week of September. So that is looking around 6 weeks.

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

I had to wait 1 1/2 hours.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
Posted

Everything we've sold for the next few months is already allocated to dealers, although obviously options can be switched around prior of during build to accommodate retail customers.

To explain for those who don't know how the system works, we build cars that are simply to fill dealer yards (stock or salable cars), as well as cars built to order (retail units), not to mention government, fleet, and NZ vehicles. When things were quiet at the start of the year, we also built cars that we kept on site, simply to keep the line running to build the cars that had been ordered. Obviously now we don't have any of those (they're all going to dealers), which is very good for Ford.

The upshot is that if you go to your dealer and they don't have exactly what you want on site, the you will have to wait some time (typically 6 weeks or so) to receive your car. Believe me, retail cars are certainly prioritized in plant (I get pineappled daily about holding on to retail cars with quality issues :stirthepot: )

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I don't think I can wait 6 weeks! Mine was sitting in the show room and it took 2 days of haggling to get into my garage!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 27d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'd taken so long to find the car that I wanted that another 6 weeks wasn't going to make much difference. This way I don't need to make any compromises and can get it exactly the way I want it. Besides, I don't think there was actually a new one in local dealerships.

The only problem is that I now find myself day dreaming at the brochure and photos and am really wanting it.

I've reconciled myself by making a list of possible destinations for the first day drive.

Bunna, if you could look after mine it would be much appreciated.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mate all dealers quote 6 weeks and alot end up being 10-12 weeks.

I know my BA was 5-6 weeks and ended up being 13 weeks.

Get a SIDO number and one of our Ford connected members to give you the progress of its build.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d
Posted

Hmm... Just found out from the dealer that a September delivery was never likely. Apparently October orders closed on 14th August (I ordered mine monday last week.

Anyone with influence to move mine up the list, let me know.

Andrew

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...