Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 22d
Posted

Popped the bonnet the other day and noticed the engine bay was very rough like it had been left with overspray and no paint pretty upsetting for 50k car .makes me wonder what else did they forget

  • vrooom psshhht
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Yeah - they do that all the time.

The underside of my bonnet doesnt even have green on all of it... its a beige colour in the center (I think the primer) - and yes - it is the original bonnet.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

You payed 50g's for a car and didnt even look it over before purchase? :banghead:

Must admit I didnt either to much of a hurry to get on the road. :P

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

Ford and other lesser companies have been doing this for ages. The european guys have been doing this since the 70's. They only paint the engine bay and under side of bonet, boot etc the base colour. No extra coats or clear etc. Saves on cost (and weight !!! ;-) ).

My AUII has this. No stress.. That is just the way it is done now.. Not a fault..

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 6d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

it was like....yeah :D yeah :D hurry hurry, I know accelerator, break... yeah some other stuff just give me my keys, I'll call you if I'm missing anything...hurry hurry... thank you bye.. :D

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 28d
Posted

Poor form I reckon. My 1994 ED Falcon has a nice glossy coat of body colour in the engine bay. How hard is that to do Ford.

Guest HOTXR6
  • Guests
Posted

I drive a 99 Camry Touring (stop laughing) and whilst it is all painted it is like bdennis said, no gloss or special stuff. All about them saving a few bucks. Made no difference to how the car runs though.

HOTXR6

Guest PHNTUM
  • Guests
Posted

:alien: I am a lucky XR6T ute buyer as I have the many connections on the inside so my ute will received double primmer, insulation and a colored engine bay. Only 3 cars have had this done that I know of and looks trick. But I must say they will do anything to save a bit of money even if it mean a little less paint.

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted
:alien: I am a lucky XR6T ute buyer as i have the many connections on the inside so my ute will received double primmer, insulation and a colored engine bay. Only 3 cars have had this done that i know of and looks trick. But i must say they will do anything to save a bit of money even if it mean a little less paint.

You gotta post some pics of your ute when you get it :D It will be interesting to see the difference.

Guest harasn
  • Guests
Posted

have you had a look at your engine blocks, they don't paint then any more!!! all about cost and the majority of people don't notice it or care about it. Should be able to as for it though if it makes your day. As has been said, its all about cost. that's why they are making cars and the rest of us just work to buy them. and I might add lining up to buy them at the moment. so it cant be all bad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...