Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich, QLD
Posted

Hey guys,

For some reason, while listening to music (CD's) the CD player will suddenly sh*t its self, and flick over to FM. From then on, I cant use my CD player. I press CD, it comes up with the little circles for the CD's, but has no numbers in them. It will just sit there and do nothing, then flick back to FM.

Eventually, I'll press CD and the numbers will load up 1 at a time, then the CD player will continue to work - but this is random and can take up to a week to happen. Is there anyway I can fix this? stupid thing.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Are they origional or burnt CDs ?

If they are burnt, try burning them at a slower speed, or use better media.

I have played heaps of burnt ones, but I did have problems with discs burnt at anything above 8x.

  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted

Never had a problem playing any burnt ones, fast or not. What are the files on the cd's? do the cd's play in other cd players?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich, QLD
Posted
Never had a problem playing any burnt ones, fast or not. What are the files on the cd's? do the cd's play in other cd players?

Sure do - ive had the car for over a year now, always playing burnt cd's, and its only now its playing up....? :S

  • Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perff, WA
Posted

Yeh, doesn't sound like a disc(s) issue, and more an internal thang. in or out of warranty?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

I play/ed nothing but burnt CDs in both BAs and the BF, never had an issue... even with heavily scratched ones...

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Why?

I'd just buy the Ford AUX kit. Save you a heap of $$$.

Or talk to ASL Automedia (forum advertiser). They repair the factory ICC's.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...