senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 07/10/09 09:18 PM Posted 07/10/09 09:18 PM It still drives, so I'm just going to keep giving it hell. I have my eye on another centre that should fix it. Just couldn't be biggered pulling the cradle out right now!
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 08/10/09 02:49 AM Posted 08/10/09 02:49 AM I replaced my standard bush as I had some rear end noise....fitted the superpro bush and replaced the other bushes while I was there and I still have rear end noise...creaks and clunks etc. I'm with Senna...I'm just ignoring it until it breaks as I can't be bothered atm.
Daneo 330 Member 14 Member For: 17y 3m 17d Posted 08/10/09 08:19 AM Posted 08/10/09 08:19 AM hahahah yep!!! im in the same boat!!! going to check the bolts are fine and leave it at that!!!! maybe il find out the realll problem the hard way when I get a new tune and run some more power through her :-D
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 04/11/09 02:20 AM Posted 04/11/09 02:20 AM Steve - Nice job, but I was wondering about taking this even further with the baffling you mentioned in the first post. Some exapndable foam within the chassis blocks would certainly help, but would it trap moisture and cause rust? Also, I will be creating some sort of rubber bush to go between the chassis mount bolt and the diff cradle to further reduce noise.I am really keen to add foan wherever possible, is there a certain brand/type that works best? Rust is my only concern... any ideas?
Guest STEVE_BAXR Guests Posted 06/11/09 10:08 PM Posted 06/11/09 10:08 PM It should not trap moisture but you could rust prof it 1st then put the foam in so that the foam traps the oil. The chassis mount bolt from the diff to the car that is F++ked why they did that ? and no bush ?.Today I will be having a look at the bush to see how it is holding up ..
Guest STEVE_BAXR Guests Posted 07/11/09 09:25 PM Posted 07/11/09 09:25 PM The news is good I have done about 10,000km with the new bush in, and new bush is all good no crack's and it still move's the same when loaded up.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 08/11/09 02:19 AM Posted 08/11/09 02:19 AM Good work mate. This kind of real world experience is invaluable.
Smoke them tyres Member 557 Member For: 18y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/11/09 11:24 AM Posted 08/11/09 11:24 AM This kind of real world experience is invaluable. .....spot on.
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/11/09 11:16 PM Posted 08/11/09 11:16 PM Thanks for the update, good to hear.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 8d Gender: Male Posted 11/11/09 01:35 AM Posted 11/11/09 01:35 AM Steve - Was thinking of filling the hollow mounting blocks with SikaFlex227 for vibration absorbtion. Also, Rubber pad between bolt and frame, and also vibration deadening on the entire crossmember, support bracket (the one with that stupid bolt) and accross the entire rear diff cradle. If I can stop the vibration at the source, it will mean less noise transferred. Therefore less noise to dampen in the cabin.What do you reckon? Any underbody products you recommend?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now