Nolathane Diff Bush Noise Fix?

Guest STEVE_BAXR

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

I have just put a new diff bush in and I have to say the noise is bad , so I had to have a look to see why ? there has to be a fix for it.

I am a BMW panel tech and the BIG thing that BMW is good with is no noise in the car . The nuisance noise that occurs in these pillars is related to power train, wind, tire, and road noise. Over the years, various solutions have been used to minimize the energy level of noise that flows from these sources to these pillars. A current approach is to block the path of noise with heat reactive, expandable sealing materials mounted to support plates to create a"baffle". Baffles are strategically located within the body structure in a pattern that helps to eliminate propagation of noise into the vehicle passenger compartment.

The good and bad news is to save money ford don't put any acoustic baffle or sound pads in but to stop the noise but we can.

The big part that makes all the noise in the BA is that the boot floor is like a dum , The nuisance noise come's from the diff into the diff bush then into the body. If you have a look under where the diff bush is there is a metal brace going to a nice matel box, and in the box is air NO EXPANDABLE ACOUSTIC BAFFLE ..... thanks ford .

So in the next week I will be looking more into it and filling the air with expandable sealing foam and adding some sound pads to the boot floor..

Edited by seventytwo
Please continue

• Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I too have the polyurethane diff bush, and the noise can be bothersome...Im going to be installing sound deadening underneath the rear seat, to lessen the NVH entering the cabin, from both the diff and fuel pump. Probably do the spare wheel well and boot also.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

We will be working with Super Pro to look at making a voided diff bush, this will allow a litle bit of movement in the bush in an effort to reduce NVH

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

yes the nice blue bush from Super Pro that's the one polyurethane

Look forward to seeing what you come up with, I too have the polyurethane diff bush, and the noise can be bothersome...Im going to be installing sound deadening underneath the rear seat, to lessen the NVH entering the cabin, from both the diff and fuel pump. Probably do the spare wheel well and boot also.

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests
:spoton: How good is this the boys from Super pro called me today ,they are going to have a look at my car and see how we can fix the bush noise ...........100% help nice very nice :buttrock: nice work senna_T cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

OK I have the new test diff bush from Fulcrum, I have some photo's just to show how easy it was to put in MY WAY in under 20min .

photo's show the old bush coming out and the new bush going in................ :spit: and the tools to do the job.

The jack in the photo is just to hold the diff up to make it easy to put the bolt back in.

Next is to take it for a drive to see if the NVH entering the cabin are not there or they are lower ..

Guest STEVE_BAXR
  • Guests

100% NO NVH entering the cabin

So the noise has gone next to see how it holds up , I will get a vid of the bush to see how it loads up under power :)

• Member For: 19y 3m 4d
OK I have the new test diff bush from Fulcrum, I have some photo's just to show how easy it was to put in MY WAY in under 20min .

photo's show the old bush coming out and the new bush going in................ :o and the tools to do the job.

The jack in the photo is just to hold the diff up to make it easy to put the bolt back in.

Next is to take it for a drive to see if the NVH entering the cabin are not there or they are lower ..

Doesn't the standard method of replacing the bush involve dismantling the entire rear cradle and involve approximately $900 of labor?

You come along and figure out how to do the same thing from the boot in 20 minutes and a couple of tools?

This is simply brilliant.

Congratulations.

:useless::spoton::bowdown:

Regards,

aa