blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 18/07/09 11:12 AM Posted 18/07/09 11:12 AM Brett up in townsville ran his PB today, in townsville, 10.7@ 128mphand ran a 1.57 60ft, that's a good launch for an old bloke.the car is a Ken Bell BF GT 6speed auto. David
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 18/07/09 11:19 AM Posted 18/07/09 11:19 AM (edited) got to be joking that's unreal for up in tville. What tyres???Got some more info on the car?I just read on the site it was a proper meet they must of done abit of prep work for once. Edited 18/07/09 11:21 AM by qik1
XAH03 Member 597 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: Cairns QLD Posted 18/07/09 11:28 AM Posted 18/07/09 11:28 AM I hope prep work means laying down some new bitumen and a deccent return road
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 18/07/09 11:33 AM Posted 18/07/09 11:33 AM (edited) yeah we wish. We love it, it wouldnt be the same without the half gravel staging lane, dirt pits & nearly non existant return road. I think last time I only got water put down once on the burnout patch & starting line wasnt even looked at. This makes it even more amazing for the time that was done. Well done all round im spewin I wasnt down there to have a looksie. Edited 18/07/09 11:33 AM by qik1
FPV_Steve Legacy Donating Member 191 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/07/09 01:49 PM Posted 18/07/09 01:49 PM Wow, that is an awesome 60!!! Well done guys, congrats
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 18/07/09 11:32 PM Author Posted 18/07/09 11:32 PM I will get more info when I get hold of him, I was not there he rang me after, and I think he might have to get a cage now, so I don't know his plans yet. David
qik1 Legacy Donating Member 2,720 Member For: 18y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Loitering in SEQ Posted 18/07/09 11:35 PM Posted 18/07/09 11:35 PM did you tune this thing Dave, if not who did?
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 18/07/09 11:50 PM Author Posted 18/07/09 11:50 PM yeh I tuned it, and put the blower on,still has my tune in it, but he has done some performance mods himself since as well, so credit goes to him. I know it is still the standed motor. David
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 19/07/09 02:40 AM Posted 19/07/09 02:40 AM Damn... I'm this close to canceling my BA turbo build and doing my BF XR8!
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 19/07/09 09:50 AM Author Posted 19/07/09 09:50 AM Bretts car is a non intercooled Ken Bell equiped BF GT Auto, with water injection, I tuned it a while ago now, but he has since put a nos kit on it, as well on top of the tune (said he checked it and everything is sweet, so we will see)he said he used a 50 jet I don't know how they count there jets, (someone else might know) but he thought it was about 30-40 shot.he is now going to pull it off, and fit a intercooled manifold on it so it can run this power all the time, insted of running the gas to cool things down, he used slicks, and front runners. David
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now