Dell

Guest _Spin_

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d

I`m looking computer solutions. I wanna laptop notebook whatever, but while looking on thursday night I spotted a really keenly priced desk top deal I could buy for my youngest that`d free up my time online.

But by golly Dells deals are pretty decent.. I seemingly could get the same or better in specs plus extra software a bag and 15 months McAfee to say nothing of the 12 months hardware a nerd comes to ya house and fixes it warrantee for about the same or less than the shops I saw.

Any pro`s and cons with Dell? I don`t like them basically cause they are big. that's about it really..

So, as per usual I`m flicking back and forward unable to decide.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

My Dell 6400 laptop has done me well over the last couple of years, but the HDD is now on the way out, the rest of the puter has been without fault, not counting a battery replacement at the beginning of the year.

From all the reports on the web, Dells can sometimes be a bit hit and miss, but are usually good value for money.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

Hey spin , been using dell laptops for about nine years and to date have had no issues with Dell, only my stupidity once for not keeping my antivirus up to date. In and out of the office and to site with laptop in hand and it gets thrown around a bit with no problems. Have inspiron 15.4" widescreen at the moment. Some of the guys who know more may advise you of any speed, performance issues when comparing machines but my 2 c can only say they have been reliable and good value for what I use them for. Also have an office full of Dell desktops.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

We are not Nerds, but Geeks.

As for Dell, they are just as good as any clones like ASUS, ACER, Etc.

If you want a good cheap solution the Dell $699 PC/Monitor deals are great.

Notebooks are only decent if you get the business models or XPS, the others are generally crap.

Just watch the extras when ordering, this is how they make their money. Dell lose money on the $699 deals, as they are VERY cheap for what you get.

Also if you are a NRMA member there is usually an additional 10% discount.

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 18d

My Inspiron 6400 laptop has been running almost perfectly for 3 years now. Its pretty hard to find fault with it.

• Member For: 16y 11m 16d
My Inspiron 6400 laptop has been running almost perfectly for 3 years now. Its pretty hard to find fault with it.

I have the same one as your MT............ can not fault it !

has all the bells and whistles..bluetooth,2048 ram,centrino processor,bluetooth mouse and also keyboard,120 gig hard,backpack style bag etc etc

never skipped a beat :laughing:

ill sell it cheap too if interested..........

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 18d

Yeah, wouldnt mind upgrading mine but if it aint broke why fix it :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 23d
Been using dell notebooks for about 10 years never had an issue, go to the Full HD screen.

Yeah eh, I think its 84 bucks to upgrade which is pretty decent.. I`m still deciding on the notebook in the link I put previously..