North And Far North Queenslanders

notol

• Member For: 16y 5m 21d
I think qik1 best time was mid 11's I thought I read that somewhere but that was with M/T full slicks though. please correct me if im wrong

11.3. it was with MT's but not full slicks, the last time I was down there with him he came close to his PB but the car wheel spins alot! its definately got a 10 in it, just a matter of time.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

Theres a bucket load more in it we just had a minor tuning issue but saying that its still running 11.3 - .4 most of the night. It was full weight & only a pair of mt's on there with it still spinning for a nice piece of the track. Got some race fuel goin in it this week coming it just depends on the drive/box issue I have at the moment to wheather its finished for the 1st.

As for EJ he did a 12.4 last time & that was with a 2.1 60ftr so dont be too sure it'll be easy, theres plenty left in it with more tuning coming for it in the near future. I think when he run you the best he could manage was a low 13 but I gave him a spare pair of special shoes which seem to of helped. He's got his harness so he'll be ready either way.

As for the safety gear once you go over 110 - 112mph you need a harness & a cage for a 10.99. Make sure you get a 5 point harness as there abit funny for some reason with 4's.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 20d

Right on mate. Well hopefully you get the beast back in action and can get a good run in. EJ said he'd let us know if and when you guys were heading down, hopefully mine will be sorted and I'll get down as well - thing is chewing water now so might have to go back to Tully and tell em to find and fix it - can't find any obvious leaks myself. No water in the oil or vice versa... only thing I could think of is it's pressurizing and pushin the water out :blush:

Ford in Tully hahahaha that's what I think of them at the moment. Try filling the reservoir/overflow up go for a drive & park it over concrete & see if theres a leak somewhere. Simple & easy if that's the problem.

I'll keep yas up to date with whats hapenin. Hopefully its all good & we can still make the trip next week but even if its not it shouldnt be more than a month I'd recon maybe even less. Have made all the neccassaary calls & arrangements if it needs to comes out & get rebuilt. Almost hope it is stuffed so I can build it strong & push my launches hard & it wont slip at all down the track givin us every chance to crack 10 on that goat track.

Either way I'm keen to catch up & have a good night with everyone, half the fun is watchin everyone else & seeing them improve through the night. The best trips we've had is when theres a few of us. Cant wait!!!

How could I forget dude wouldnt miss it.

I recon its gonna be cool for at least a month or so theres plenty of time. Either way I'm not worried mine seems to love the heat anyway. It ran the best time in the middle of november.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 20d

Yea Tully ford is...yea... enough said. Trouble is they're the only ones close to us. But I tell them what I expect and tell them I'll be inspecting the car once it's finished.

Last service I wrote up an A4 sheet with all the things I would check upon return. Jeff (manager) then hand wrote a note back, detailing all the jobs done and ensured that the front bar was not scratched - which I specified on the sheet. lol Sometimes you just have to let them know the professionalism that you expect and when it's on paper, they tend to respect the car better.

As for the t'ville run, so long as it's not this weekend I should be good to go. As I've said before, I'll have a few mates that will come as well so that'll swell the numbers a bit. Should be a good trip!

Definatly wont be this weekend or the 8th. My cars out of action & we have our show this weekend that I'm working at all weekend & the 8th got a party. Ive got a few others that are keen to come when we do go so there should be a fair crew. Would be good to plan it after a major meet so theres some rubber on the track.

One of my best mates works there & Jeffs a family friend but they just dont have enough mechanics that & there always pretty busy so stuff gets over looked & they cant spend the time they should.