sickd Member 128 Member For: 18y 11m 12d Posted 20/07/09 10:28 AM Posted 20/07/09 10:28 AM get 20s loss of handling is load of sh*t no one should be drivin that hard on roads that they can notice handling, put 255/30/20 tires on front, give you more side wall to soften ride, I got 245/30/20 on mine and I hardly notice the ride difference.20s go the 20s, nankangs cost me 240 each handle great
axbci Member 2 Member For: 18y 14d Posted 20/07/09 03:06 PM Posted 20/07/09 03:06 PM Just bought a set of 20's (20x8.5's)off ebay. They come with Achilles ATR's 225x30x20 and are rated 85 on the front. Rears are Nankang NSII's, same spec. I'm not sure which are the one's making the noise, but sh!t, they sound like a plane is taking off. I'm looking around for a decent set of tyres to replace these, but it's much harder than I thought finding good 30 series rubber rated at or above 93W. The majority are rated at 90 or below. If you go up to 35 series rubber, you get no problems with ratings, but it screw's with your speedo and I believe it also won't work for the front wheels. I'll be doin some more ringing and reading tomorrow, but at this stage, might have to resell and go back to 19's simply for sanity's sake.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/07/09 04:45 PM Posted 20/07/09 04:45 PM (edited) 245/30/20 nankang, falkan 452, neuton 93 load. 255/30/20 kuhmo ku19 92 load. Edited 20/07/09 04:46 PM by arronm
axbci Member 2 Member For: 18y 14d Posted 21/07/09 03:48 AM Posted 21/07/09 03:48 AM Apart from the Nankang, all are under 93w. Therefore, illegal. I rang my insurance company to confirm and they said, that if I were in an accident, they wouldn't cover me. Therefore, I'm going home tonight to take off the wheels and sell them on. Shame really... I love these wheels, but I've used Nankangs before and what can I say? A 180 in a roundabout steers me to go to 19's. If you're interested in buying these wheels, let me know and I'll post up.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/07/09 04:33 AM Posted 21/07/09 04:33 AM Call tech9tyres they can supply a neuton and an achilles in 245/30/20 with a 93W load rating.
saba Member 54 Member For: 17y 5m 27d Posted 21/07/09 05:43 AM Posted 21/07/09 05:43 AM 20's for sure!
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 21/07/09 05:48 AM Posted 21/07/09 05:48 AM so to everyone that's against 19's, can you explain whats wrong with them and why the 20's are better. is it just that they look better?
XR64LT Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 18y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/07/09 06:07 AM Posted 21/07/09 06:07 AM 20's on the front 22's on the rear hehehe, nahh go 20's man
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now