Erko Legacy Donating Member 1,079 Member For: 23y 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/06/09 05:47 AM Posted 30/06/09 05:47 AM TMAC450 - agree, back to basics. engage the customer......make us feel the love and we will return. we WANT you to succeed.......but you are making it hard for us to keep the faith!
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 8m 1d Posted 30/06/09 08:11 AM Posted 30/06/09 08:11 AM (edited) Lol, when they sent me an email extolling the virtues of a new FPV, I fired one back saying it`d be the only way I`d get a new front bar.Meh, whats another month.. There`s no really garantee that the one that shows up next month will be mine anyway.. Seems there was ONE only shipped out last week..Sigh.. Edited 30/06/09 08:13 AM by _Spin_
lowfutura Enforcer Legacy Donating Member 520 Member For: 17y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/06/09 08:45 AM Posted 30/06/09 08:45 AM I remember seeing made in New Zealand on my FPV plastics while I was fitting them, maybe try the manufacturer if you can track them down.If not, FPV were sent to NZ so call some dealers there and see if they have stock, so what if there is freight, Insurance is paying right. Your beef should be with the insurance company; they are the ones that guarantee 7 day fix or hire car, If they were paying for that, they would search the planet for your new bumper.
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 5m 29d Location: Wollongong Posted 30/06/09 08:53 AM Posted 30/06/09 08:53 AM _spin_ only thing left is fair trading...... give them a ring n see what can be done....
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 8m 1d Posted 30/06/09 09:01 AM Posted 30/06/09 09:01 AM Look, I shouldn`t have spit.. I KNEW it wasn`t happening. I had a missed call from FPV on friday. I thought: its here woot! Then I rang Metro Ford on saturday. " yeah mate one was dispatched from Melbourne earlier this week " Okay, why have`nt you got it? Its not going striaght to the repairer or is it? I ring FPV on monday knowing what I`m going to here..If I was a betting man? I don`t think I`ll see it much before xmas.
FPV_Steve Legacy Donating Member 191 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/06/09 09:56 AM Posted 30/06/09 09:56 AM Hey mate, this is bullsh*t mate!! As some of the other guys have said, try and get a brand new one from somewhere else and get the insurance to pay for it. Dont stress about my bar mate, you can use it as long as you need to. Hope it turns up soon or you get hold of one another way mate, best of luckSteve
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 8m 1d Posted 30/06/09 10:14 AM Posted 30/06/09 10:14 AM Cheers Steve.. Not surprisingly I have tired alternate plans. Fibreglass isn`t an option. These genuine bars are thin on the ground at the best of times.It`s insurance, and while I have a good ( great really ) rapport with my asessor and my repairer, they both need to be able to garrantee the repairs for life.They are both flexible to a degree and open to discussion. lol Mike the asessor knows what a devious bastard I am and the lengths I went to to try and nail down other options.We all want closure. They want it out of their hair, I want me car back to normal.Oh well, think of the klms its saving me.
JA2473 Member 62 Member For: 18y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 30/06/09 10:56 AM Posted 30/06/09 10:56 AM In 1992 ford my parents purchased a EB GT Number 001. After 3 months the front bar started to sag in the middle bottom. Tickford at the time flew someone from Ford 600klm to replace it, which took 15 mins. then they waited the 10 hours at airport for the return trip home. A half stoned idiot could have done it in 20 mins, but tickford said it was part of the service. How times have changed.
2MUCHKW Member 350 Member For: 20y 5m 17d Posted 30/06/09 01:29 PM Posted 30/06/09 01:29 PM I had to replace my BF FPV F6 bar 2 years ago ... the price then was $3000. FPV genuine bars come pre primed ready to paint (want to for that fuc*ing price) but mine arrived with serveral areas where the primer was flaking off!!! My Panel shop said WTF we should send this back for this fuc*ing price!!! Sent it back and asked FPV to "please" send a good one this time! A month latter a second bar arrived (still not perfect) which we painted and fitted to the car but in 3mths time all the clear coat started flaking off the base colour!!!! My panel shop said the base primer FPV used must be sh*t so he had to sand it back to bare plastic and prime it himself to stop the plastic fumes from lifting the clear coat then repaint it again ... been perfect since!!! Make sure (when you finally do get your front bar) to rub back the FPV sh*t primer and re prime it yourself to save ALLOT OF WASTED TIME AND MONEY!!!Cheers
GMH8R Legacy Donating Member 110 Member For: 18y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mt Isa Posted 30/06/09 11:58 PM Posted 30/06/09 11:58 PM Fords service seems to be the same everywhere. I have taken my fg xr6t to ford in toowoomba four times, just to fix the base of the drivers seat. I had the leather base replaced on warranty. It was loose and looked like sh#t. When I took it back. For some stupid reason the wankers tightened the base of the seat( Nuts and bolts) apparently. They obviously didn't see the leather nearly overlapping itself. The last time I took it there they sent my car to an upholster and had it fixed. I'm still not happy with it. The last time I took it to fraud, I also had 45k's distance to empty, When I picked it up it had 2k's left and had travelled only 16k's. I was farkin pissed off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now