bdave351 Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 28d Gender: Male Posted 01/07/09 12:52 AM Posted 01/07/09 12:52 AM Id be parking the car out the front of your FPV dealer with a huge sign on it saying "x months and they cant even get a new front bar"And when they come up to complain/abuse you about it then you can say "Im very easy to please, just give me a god damned part that were actually paying you for"
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 01/07/09 05:36 AM Posted 01/07/09 05:36 AM (edited) spin I think I may have securered you a new genuine front bar,I have sent you a PM. Edited 01/07/09 05:37 AM by fpv6t
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 01/07/09 09:23 AM Posted 01/07/09 09:23 AM I remember seeing made in New Zealand on my FPV plastics while I was fitting them, maybe try the manufacturer if you can track them down.If not, FPV were sent to NZ so call some dealers there and see if they have stock, so what if there is freight, Insurance is paying right. Your beef should be with the insurance company; they are the ones that guarantee 7 day fix or hire car, If they were paying for that, they would search the planet for your new bumper. Gees -Id like to know if that is true - as it is next to impossible to get second hand FPV bodykits in NZ- if you could get genuine ones that would be great!
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Posted 02/07/09 08:00 AM Posted 02/07/09 08:00 AM UPDATE! My repairer today advised me " it`s all here, mate " I`ll take it to them on Tuesday next week.I can only speculate as to how or why they have a front bar there and not the end of July like FPV told me on monday.Case closed.
mercuryturbo Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer Legacy Donating Member 1,724 Member For: 20y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Fear and Loathing in Callala Bay Posted 02/07/09 08:05 AM Posted 02/07/09 08:05 AM Good news mate.
jrfttf Member 131 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: S.E Suburbs! Posted 02/07/09 09:42 AM Posted 02/07/09 09:42 AM good to hear!
FPV_Steve Legacy Donating Member 191 Member For: 19y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/07/09 07:07 AM Posted 04/07/09 07:07 AM Glad to hear that mate. Hope it all goes good for ya!!Steve
John_ Member 19 Member For: 18y 1m 16d Posted 04/07/09 08:11 AM Posted 04/07/09 08:11 AM (edited) I'm on my second FPV. Would I buy another, hell yeah.As annoying as this sht is ( I would be going berserk by now) I have no expectationsfrom Fraud or FPV once I take delivery. I have learnt this from dealings and being disappointedby more dealers than this post permits. As my Mum always told me" expect nothing and you will never be disappointed"That's unfortunate for the brands of Ford and FPV. Not everyone will accept thatMate I do understand your thinking, but we aren't talking about a service or repair gone wrong by a dealer. It's parts! What are you going to do? Go out and make your own plastic moulds? It's just not acceptable and the fu@#en sad thing is it happens with HSV as well. In 05' I had my brand new VZ GTO all but 1 week when an asian bird ran up the rear end of the car at a set of traffic lights. Rear bar took 6 MONTHS to get here (from Belgium apparently). It was a bloody joke and not acceptable. People have accidents wether it's your fault or not. Parts should be available and kept in stock (I believe for 10 years). These are expensive purchases not 2 week disposable cheap items. It's easier to get parts for imports rather than our local brands. I guess that's what happens when most of the car parts of our Ford's and Holden’s are made overseas anyway. Edited 04/07/09 08:13 AM by John_
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 15d Posted 05/07/09 01:03 AM Posted 05/07/09 01:03 AM sh*t I thought it was bad when they took 2months to get me a new engine and turbo from melbournethat's a long time to wait for a bar I cracked my bar and the repairer got a new 1 in 2 weeks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now