XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 31/07/09 07:45 AM Posted 31/07/09 07:45 AM (edited) That looks great mate. I will be doing the same with mine Did you do the pipes in a semi-gloss and the cooler in mat? How did you paint the silicone joiners? Did you rub the pipes back a bit with some wet'n'dry before spraying?I am looking forward to install pictures Edited 31/07/09 07:46 AM by XtRmn8
Redback Banned 236 Member For: 17y 3m 25d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown NSW Posted 31/07/09 08:09 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:09 AM Jasol that looks awesome. I'm thinking of painting my pipes black aswell.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:11 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:11 AM hay mate I had the pipes powdercoated in satin black, I took them in as is and came back all done its very strong too doesnt scratch, painted the cooler matt black out the can, I tried normal spray paint on the silicone joiners that cracked so I tried VHT vinyl dye that cracked to so what I did was use high quility electrical tape 3M I think, and wraped that around em worked a treat and looks good too, then I just brought a new black vacum hose to replace the blue one
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 31/07/09 08:21 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:21 AM jasol, they came out looking great. I painted some polished aluminum pipes before so I'll give these a try. The satin looks great.I was looking at getting some black replacement joiners as they they are not too expensive.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:35 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:35 AM I was going to spray mine myself but it was only $20 powdercoated, if I was to spray em myself I would have brought 2 decent brand cans theres almost 20buxs there + all the sanding and it wouldnt look as good or be as durable it might be an idea do ring a few powdercoaters.yea I looked at some black joiners today and they look idenical to what I have done lol they just had a black skin you could still see the blue at the ends they were about $12ea
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 31/07/09 08:37 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:37 AM Oh that is cheap, I thought it would be way more to get them powder coated. Who did them for you?
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:39 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:39 AM a place not far from me called AAA powdercoaters, yea I thort it was very cheap I didnt ring around so I dont know if that's normal or what
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:40 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:40 AM what powdercoater did u use ?
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:43 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:43 AM woops 2 quick
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 31/07/09 08:43 AM Posted 31/07/09 08:43 AM AAA powdercoaters @ lonsdale
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now