Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 1d
  • Location: Perth {Northie}
Posted

aaaahhhhhh I see now, so after you do that, its smooth sailing from then?

  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Hmm this kit looks interesting. Wish it came in stealth black.

For those who have fitted the kit I got a couple of questions. It looks like you have to remove the factory air intake snorkel due to the new cold side piping, is this the case? The cold side piping looks very close to the drive belt, how much clearance is left?

Has one else fitted these kits and tuned their cars with a few other bolt on mods? Looks to be pretty good bang for buck for those who only want very low 300 at the wheels.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
  • Location: adelaide
Posted

just paint or powder coat it, the air duct wont fit, ive seen ppl with mid 300s its the x over and rest of the pipeing that then becomes the problem not the cooler

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted

Had this fitted to my car and tuned to just over 310rkw with real good heat exchange. I spoke to the guys at HDI and they recommend spray painting over powdercoating as this is a thick coat which will vary the aluminium's ability to dissipate heat.

The factory snorkel is removed due to the cold side piping hence why I fitted an APS CAI.

The cold piping runs within about 15-20mm of the A/C compressor but does not foul even under load.

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Thanks for that info. I have sent HDI an email to ask them about what can be done to the piping as I am not a fan of the polished look.

redbackalarms, what does your PSI curve look like to make that power with the mods that you have? I am looking at doing pretty much identical mods to what you got but also with a set of valve springs and would be happy just to get over the 300rwkw mark.

Cheers.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown!
Posted

You can just buy my pipes in black which Im selling LINK!. Looks like it follows the same path

Yes I know terrbile free plug!

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted
Thanks for that info. I have sent HDI an email to ask them about what can be done to the piping as I am not a fan of the polished look.

redbackalarms, what does your PSI curve look like to make that power with the mods that you have? I am looking at doing pretty much identical mods to what you got but also with a set of valve springs and would be happy just to get over the 300rwkw mark.

Cheers.

Hey Mate,

Here is my dyno graph which shows the boost curve. My guage in the car shows 1-2psi more but could be because it's a cheap guage. Thanks.

post-35942-1246927899_thumb.jpg

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Thanks for posting. Wow I am surprised how much power you making with only ~13psi max. :useless:

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blacktown NSW
Posted

So am I. Don't know if C&V's dyno was feeling happy on the day? I also don't know if their dyno is a happier reading dyno than most, does anyone know?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 13d
  • Location: adelaide
Posted

redbackalarms is right, im going to lightly spray my cooler black but get the pipework powdercoated as paint will scratch off in the install

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...