JPYBNE Member 14 Member For: 17y 7m 22d Posted 18/06/09 01:04 PM Posted 18/06/09 01:04 PM Hi,Have tried to find a socket to fit the filler plug on a BA MKII rear diff plug but keep having trouble getting something to fit. Looking at the plug there is only about 2mm clearance between the side of the nut and the diff.Is this a special part ?Can someone also confirm this is a 29mm plug.ThanksJames.
CHLAXN Legacy Donating Member 932 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: north QLD Posted 18/06/09 01:18 PM Posted 18/06/09 01:18 PM (edited) Hi,Have tried to find a socket to fit the filler plug on a BA MKII rear diff plug but keep having trouble getting something to fit. Looking at the plug there is only about 2mm clearance between the side of the nut and the diff.Is this a special part ?Can someone also confirm this is a 29mm plug.ThanksJames.hi mate I changed my diff oil about a month ago in my BA2 and if I remember its like 27mm or 28mm.. think I used 11/15ths as it was a tighter fit.. someone will correct me if I am wrong but pretty sure that's what size I used. I just used a socket with a breaker bar and fit no worries at all.. Edited 18/06/09 01:30 PM by CHLAXN
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 18/06/09 02:33 PM Posted 18/06/09 02:33 PM think I used 11/15ths as it was a tighter fit.. :o I think you mean 1"1/16".
JPYBNE Member 14 Member For: 17y 7m 22d Posted 19/06/09 01:34 AM Author Posted 19/06/09 01:34 AM Thanks - this may sound stupid but I thought all the bolts on the Fords were now metric ?Having said that I keep reaching for 13mm / 15mm sockets !!!
bentles Member 121 Member For: 18y 4d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 19/06/09 07:33 AM Posted 19/06/09 07:33 AM its a 28mm and fg is 8mm allen key might be 10 I forget now lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now