nowaford Member 10 Member For: 18y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 09/06/09 11:57 AM Posted 09/06/09 11:57 AM G'day Guy's and Gal's, I'm looking for some pro's and con's on the CAPA Flash Tuner, or anything you guy's can tell me about them that we should know, I'm looking for just a smaller power gain (until next time). Any advice would be great as there is alot out there and most is conflicting, Being a dedicated site I hope to be steered in the right direction... The advice would be for a 2003 xr 6 t ute, I have had her since new and just wont a little bit more poke....Cheers.....
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 09/06/09 01:52 PM Posted 09/06/09 01:52 PM there are no cons just pro`s.all I can say is get a custom tune done. stock with a tune should get you a decent bit of power.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 09/06/09 02:14 PM Posted 09/06/09 02:14 PM As BF says a custom tune is the way to go. It will drive like it should of from the factory.If you have only driven a stocker, you will not believe the diffrence Just be prepared to torch your warranty.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 09/06/09 03:49 PM Posted 09/06/09 03:49 PM to save a bit on future tuning I suggest a set of injectors before the first tune.it dosnt cost much but will improve your result greatly.
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 10/06/09 12:27 AM Posted 10/06/09 12:27 AM (edited) Too many pros to list, but if you go for generic flash tunes, there are a few cons. 1. Boost spike appears right on boost (mine did 13.5 Psi on a "10psi" generic tune), giving sudden accleration and lots of wheelspin...not all that drivable...fun in the wet.. (Some may see this as a pro..)2. lots more fuel...or maybe just lots more right foot action.... 3. you're driving around hoping that your injectors are providing enough fuel... you never really know...4. If manual, start saving for a new mal wood clutch. (required for any sort of tune)oh, and one more thing.... no matter what tune you get, it will never be enough power. You will keep looking for excuses why you need that bigger cooler, bigger fuel pump, better plenum, more boost... Edited 10/06/09 12:29 AM by seduced
YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 10/06/09 09:39 AM Posted 10/06/09 09:39 AM I agree, just got my tune for my FG and I want more power
longy82 Member 13 Member For: 17y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/06/09 12:53 PM Posted 10/06/09 12:53 PM I agree with everything said. GO FOR IT!! I was in the same position as you about 3 months ago. Got the flash tuner put in injectors, fuel pump and got custom tune. The difference was unbelievable!Stock clutch started slipping bout 2 weeks later but I had that coming.Now im getting the T56 and mal wood option3 clutch in next week and am already planning for the next round of mods.As has been said many times before on this site......The bug will bite you HARD!!!Have fun
nowaford Member 10 Member For: 18y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 12/06/09 05:28 AM Author Posted 12/06/09 05:28 AM O.K guy's sound's like I'm gonna do it . Now can someone tell me a mechanic around the frankston area I can trust with my car?.........
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 12/06/09 05:36 AM Posted 12/06/09 05:36 AM Pit Lane Performance is in Frankston.Can not go wrong there!
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 20/06/09 01:05 AM Posted 20/06/09 01:05 AM Hey guys. I have an FG XR6-T and was looking at getting a CAPA flash tune done. Just wondering is there anyway Ford can tell that a flash tune has been put through the car if you upload the factory tune back in? - this is just for warranty purposes when the car goes back to ford. Kinda want to keep the warranty in check for now is all... Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now