YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 02/06/09 09:41 AM Posted 02/06/09 09:41 AM Have you FG turbo guys found out that when you have had a tune yourlaunch control rpm has changed. Mine is up at 4,000 rpm.I would think that would hinder the ability to launch well.
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 02/06/09 11:47 AM Posted 02/06/09 11:47 AM I assume you have a manual ?
YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 02/06/09 01:09 PM Author Posted 02/06/09 01:09 PM yeah man it is a manual. It's abit weird that they changed the rpm though!
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 02/06/09 01:59 PM Posted 02/06/09 01:59 PM cant comment I missed out on the launch control feature.is your turbo fully spooled at 4000 ?id assume youd get a crapload of wheel spin ?
J0sh Legacy Donating Member 239 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Pertthh W.A Posted 02/06/09 02:25 PM Posted 02/06/09 02:25 PM can see you getting much traction with a 4k launch unless you get lucky...
YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 03/06/09 09:32 AM Author Posted 03/06/09 09:32 AM well you would think that, might have to talk to the tuner and see if they have changed it at all!4grand it would just turn them.
MR XR8 Member 77 Member For: 20y 2m 14d Gender: Male Posted 05/06/09 06:54 AM Posted 05/06/09 06:54 AM When I had my tune done the launch control was still at 3000 id take it back to who tuned it and to get them to fix that, good luck trying to launch at 4000 its hard enofe at 3000 and getting traction
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 05/06/09 07:32 AM Posted 05/06/09 07:32 AM I have been tuning my own BA with SCT Racer Pro Advantage 3 Software.It has the option of adjusting launch control with rpm and as well 2 stepso it holds set rpm till you get to set speed.Only prob I can get launch limiter to work but it wont turn off.As with your FG it is a simple value change in the tune.Before you have them set it, go practice launching it till you find the bestrevs to do so. then have them change it to that.Keep in mind it will bog on the track due to having more grip.Did you tell the tuner you where going to run it at the track? he may have set itto 4000rpm thinking you where going to fit some slicks and go racing.
JA2473 Member 62 Member For: 18y 7m 15d Gender: Male Posted 05/06/09 11:12 AM Posted 05/06/09 11:12 AM So if you are getting lots of wheel spin then I take it that you are turning traction control off. And does launch control still work with that swiched off.??
YellowTurbo Member 163 Member For: 20y 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin Posted 08/06/09 07:09 AM Author Posted 08/06/09 07:09 AM I did tell my tuner that I would be using it at the track. I have used Rob Herrod for years.I don't have my flash tuner locked so I should be able to adjust the launch control myself then!Cheers guys
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now