Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
Posted

Hi My car is currently at the mechanics, and its got us stumped a bit. The car starts up fine but on hard acceleration and when the boost comes into it it stutters and I got a loss in power. As it comes into idle again you have to rev it a little and the rough idle goes away. Its hard to explain it but it only seems to come when you give it a bit of a hard acceleration. The mechanic has checked it via the computer and the error code that comes up with is something to do with the "wastegate". Thier is a switch in the engine bay that he thought might have been the problem and which we replaced, but the issue is still their. Any tips anyone??? Or is thier a known issue somebody knows??

  • Me
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I assume he has checked the plugs and coil packs? Mine was breaking down under load and it was a coil pack causing the problem.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
Posted

Well I just rang them today to check if it is the coil packs, but was told that it would come up when the hook the computer up to it, as it has sensors etc etc. Not to sure what they will come up with as its the second day its been thier.

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

makesure you eliminate any fuel related issues. A quick run on the dyno will soon tell you

  • NOT THERE!... THERE!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

It wouldn't explain the wastegate error code but you could be experiencing valve float?

Is it a BA or BF?

Any mods?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane North
Posted

I had a similar issue with mine had a huge lack of power then stuttered with I came to low revs after a couple of boot fulls. Ford said the wastegate too after they plugged in the comp. I had looked at the wategate and it seated fine. I took it to a place that done plenty of fords and they took the cat off and there it was collapsed. I was stressing thinking it was the turbo as ford planted the seed. Check out the cat!

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
Posted

Will check this out too, but apprently on Monday he is geting some coil packs to check if this is the issue as ford said that the coil packs apprently dont come up on the computer. Thanks I am desperate to have my car back without the issue and its driving me nuts.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
Posted

After thinking over it- I am now starting to think that it maybe it is the collapsed cat as you pointed out Rosco1982. The odd thing is the car had developed a note from the exhaust sounding like it had some work done to it. All my mates said that it deffinetly was not stock standard. But my mechanic said it was stock. Now as far as my mates were saying that thier XR6Ts dont sound like that which are stock standard. So maybe this was the beggining of the end of the cat and maybe it was beggining of the collapse. Damn I have just come back from a nightshift and cant sleep. My mechanic wont pick up the phone. I am a impatient bastard, but damn I just want my car back in good working order.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
Posted

Ok My mechanic checked the core packs by replacing all six and the problem is still their. So he is checking the injectors. He says that maybe the fuel was running too lean thus melting the cat. If it is the cat then he says their has to be a cause for it to happen. Maybe wrong fuel or contaiminated fuel etc etc etc. Rosscoe I need your help mate, I have qouted to him what you said. If you can tell me any other smidgen of info I would appreciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...