TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 02/09/03 03:58 AM Posted 02/09/03 03:58 AM Putting a boost guage on mine today to check what my boost is doing
Guest keithg Guests Posted 02/09/03 10:22 AM Posted 02/09/03 10:22 AM Yesterday I sent an email to fair trading that outlined the details of my/our problem. This is the reply I recieved.From the information you have provided, it would appear that you have taken all steps available to you to resolve this matter. You may wish to lodge a formal complaint and have the Office of Fair Trading intervene on your behalf as an impartial negotiator to discuss the issues raised with the manufacturer Ford. You can lodge a complaint by:-attending your nearest Fair Trading Centre (phone 133220), or-completing the complaint form on the Office of Fair Trading's website at www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.auAttached is some information on the Office of Fair Trading's Complaint Handling Service.I am going to take for car to ELN for second opinion next week, and will only use fair trading as a last resort. And sorry the doc that she sent me seems to be corrupted so it will not be posted.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 02/09/03 10:44 AM Posted 02/09/03 10:44 AM Good luck with it Keithg.l am amazed Ford have ignored your problem so that it has reached the stage where the Dept of Fair Trading are set to get involved.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 06/09/03 12:02 AM Posted 06/09/03 12:02 AM keithI tried my boost and it seems to spike to 10psi on some ocassions but mainly sits somewhere between 5 -6psi through out the rev range. SPoke to ford about the spikeing to 10psi and they said that it shouldnt be going that high so I have to get it looked at, I hope they dont stuff it , I like when it hits 10psi :(
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 06/09/03 03:01 AM Posted 06/09/03 03:01 AM Ok, I had a problem and the car felt sluggish, felt like a throttle or a turbo problem. Acceleration was 'sticky & jerky?' ... not fast. I found (well think) that the problem arose after using cruise control -don't ask me why. It shouldn't, but that's when it seemed to do it. I've stopped using cc and the car seems to be back to normal. Including the 'whining' (fuel pump etc) noise which I couldn't hear it was going slow Try not using cc for a while and see what happens. Mines goinf for a service in the next week or so, so I'll get them to keep an eye open.Good luck
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 06/09/03 04:54 AM Posted 06/09/03 04:54 AM Guys, I feel with you on this one!!Let me explain my experience with loss of power after a visit to Ford!I run a CAPA stage 1 boost kit, and after having the car in the Ford workshop for front disc machining, the performance of the car was dramatically changed.Before it went in, it absolutely flew, with boost at 8-9 psi, NO PROBLEMS.After that visit to Ford it would only boost to 5-6 psi before cutting out on over-boost!!I consulted with Marks Workshop in York, and CAPA, and we found that tha Boost Box had to be set at a completely different setting to produce the same result as before the visit to Ford. Now our conclusion is that Ford have flashed the ECU (even though they deny this), and probably reduced the factory boost allowed, maybe to save a few dollars on warranty replacement of manual gearboxes!!I have been able to get around this by re-adjusting the Boost-Box, but for you guys with standard boost, you are at the mercy of Ford, and I have STRONG doubts that they are being honest with us!!!!!!!!By fitting a CAPA Boost Box, you take control of the boost, and even if you only want to ensure that boost is at the specified 6-7 psi, the unit is useful for this purpose.
BATRB-6 BATRB-6 - (Fab) Member 117 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: MELBOURNE VIC Posted 06/09/03 05:22 AM Posted 06/09/03 05:22 AM Funny you said that cos after my visit to Ford workshop the performance of my car was also dramatically changed. Before it went in, it absolutely flew. I also think that Ford have flashed the ECU, all my car went in for was its 3000km service and oil/filter change, Auto kickdown adjusted and now its got this problem of lost power.I consulted but they deny this. I will be putting a boost guage on mine to check what my boost is doing and take it to my local dyno shop and will be going to get another dealers opinion.( Ford you have a great car just a shame about your service departments dont BLOW A GREAT THING )
Guest keithg Guests Posted 06/09/03 06:53 AM Posted 06/09/03 06:53 AM keithI tried my boost and it seems to spike to 10psi on some ocassions but mainly sits somewhere between 5 -6psi through out the rev range. SPoke to ford about the spikeing to 10psi and they said that it shouldnt be going that high so I have to get it looked at, I hope they dont stuff it , I like when it hits 10psi :( Where are you tapping in for boost. I have tapped into mine just before the blow off valve at the inlet manifold.
Guest keithg Guests Posted 06/09/03 06:58 AM Posted 06/09/03 06:58 AM Guys, I feel with you on this one!!Let me explain my experience with loss of power after a visit to Ford!I run a CAPA stage 1 boost kit, and after having the car in the Ford workshop for front disc machining, the performance of the car was dramatically changed.Before it went in, it absolutely flew, with boost at 8-9 psi, NO PROBLEMS.After that visit to Ford it would only boost to 5-6 psi before cutting out on over-boost!!I consulted with Marks Workshop in York, and CAPA, and we found that tha Boost Box had to be set at a completely different setting to produce the same result as before the visit to Ford. Now our conclusion is that Ford have flashed the ECU (even though they deny this), and probably reduced the factory boost allowed, maybe to save a few dollars on warranty replacement of manual gearboxes!!I have been able to get around this by re-adjusting the Boost-Box, but for you guys with standard boost, you are at the mercy of Ford, and I have STRONG doubts that they are being honest with us!!!!!!!!By fitting a CAPA Boost Box, you take control of the boost, and even if you only want to ensure that boost is at the specified 6-7 psi, the unit is useful for this purpose. You know what is creepy. I first noticed my power reduction within a week of getting my disks machined as well. I to have questioned Grawill about the ECU but they also denied! MMMmmmm :(
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 07/09/03 05:37 AM Posted 07/09/03 05:37 AM Keith Sod that, starting to get significant brake shudder, straight on with the DBA's I reckon.Also have auto, hopefully they wont flash the ECU, but can you trust the buggers ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now