twisty1 Member 65 Member For: 18y 1m 18d Posted 02/05/09 11:51 PM Posted 02/05/09 11:51 PM Hey guys.Here's my problem, I have a set of BF XR wheels and I went to put them on my BA Falcon yesterday and they don't fit on the front..The back two fitted perfectly but the front two don't fit, the hub on my car seems to be too big? Can anyone shed any light?Thanks, Michael.
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 02/05/09 11:56 PM Posted 02/05/09 11:56 PM funny you mention this, I've had 4 sets of wheels on my BA of late and only the original 17's fit look like the fit on the front easily.I currently have GT 18's on and I paniked when the fronts wouldnt go on straight. After I settled down, I hand tighted the wheel nuts and althought being tight at first it was all good
b-rad Legacy Donating Member 257 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Location: townsville Posted 02/05/09 11:57 PM Posted 02/05/09 11:57 PM Hey guys.Here's my problem, I have a set of BF XR wheels and I went to put them on my BA Falcon yesterday and they don't fit on the front..The back two fitted perfectly but the front two don't fit, the hub on my car seems to be too big? Can anyone shed any light?Thanks, Michael.ive put BA wheels on a BF fit fine carnt see why it would be the same in reverse unless u had bigger brakes
twisty1 Member 65 Member For: 18y 1m 18d Posted 02/05/09 11:59 PM Author Posted 02/05/09 11:59 PM ive put BA wheels on a BF fit fine carnt see why it would be the same in reverse unless u had bigger brakesYeah I was under the impression they're all interchangable.The brakes are stock, and it's not touching them. It's as if the wheel is too small to fit fully around the hub.
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 03/05/09 12:25 AM Posted 03/05/09 12:25 AM Are the BF rims the same off-set as the ones you are replacing? Not a staggered set from a ute for example?
woodsy Inactive Members 1 Member For: 17y 5m 5d Posted 03/05/09 12:30 AM Posted 03/05/09 12:30 AM Yeah I was under the impression they're all interchangable.The brakes are stock, and it's not touching them. It's as if the wheel is too small to fit fully around the hub.[/Maybe its the same as AU model onwards doesnt fit on pre AU cars, if anyone knows if the answer it would be great cause I was just about to buy bf xr6 wheels for my stock ba]
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 03/05/09 05:37 AM Posted 03/05/09 05:37 AM AU to FG are the same. Only Bommodores have an offset problem. The VE has smaller hubs. I put BF wheels on my old BA XT no probs. Try fitting them again and check they r genuine.
jasol Member 571 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Location: adelaide Posted 03/05/09 08:55 AM Posted 03/05/09 08:55 AM Are the BF rims the same off-set as the ones you are replacing? Not a staggered set from a ute for example?ute rims are differant the sedans I did not know this
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 03/05/09 09:41 AM Posted 03/05/09 09:41 AM A mate of mine has BF wheels on his BA sedan. No dramas.Benny
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/05/09 09:50 AM Posted 03/05/09 09:50 AM You are doing something wrong as the wheels should fit fine.As it has been mentioned all the wheels from AU to FG are the same with only the BA-BF FPV's haveing a different offset for the rear wheels.All the hubs are the same. Check that there is nothing fouling the hub like the dust disk or wheelnuts.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now