Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 23/04/09 06:41 AM Posted 23/04/09 06:41 AM Very true.Break an axle on an attempted launch and you'll sky rocket the RPM.As for 10's being easy I think you'll find it a lot harder than you think.
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 23/04/09 12:25 PM Author Posted 23/04/09 12:25 PM (edited) im really not that worried about breaking anything. the only thing that will go is the diff area which is all getting replaced anyway. I wont get into too much but you wil soon see a crazy rear hanging out the back of this thing in the coming months. plus the car is getting towed up on a tilt tray anyway when I go to WSID, so no dramas there eitheras for the 10s, I know its not a simple task but I honestly believe it wont be a problem. I think theres just a few too many old guys on here that dont know how to drive a car Edited 23/04/09 12:27 PM by YLD-11Z
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 23/04/09 12:29 PM Posted 23/04/09 12:29 PM It'll be good to see what MPH it pulls anyway, as there's not many at this level that have ran the 1/4 as a stick shift
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 23/04/09 12:36 PM Author Posted 23/04/09 12:36 PM yeah will be interesting...that last reply, I was only stirring you old guysnot referring to you Chris, I know u still have a few years left in ya lol
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 23/04/09 12:50 PM Posted 23/04/09 12:50 PM as for the 10s, I know its not a simple task but I honestly believe it wont be a problem. I think theres just a few too many old guys on here that dont know how to drive a carwish you all the best. Despite your superior skill my $50 is on the table you can't do it next time at the track. IMO only.You will be lucky if it gets off the line with stock driveline. No problems. Tell im he's dreaming
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 23/04/09 01:13 PM Posted 23/04/09 01:13 PM Sure, drop the clutch at 5k and most likely one will snap... but ease the launch with some slip at low rpm and they should hold to take off with, wont get you a 10, but it'll see a tasty mph
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 23/04/09 03:43 PM Posted 23/04/09 03:43 PM I'll add a 100 on top of that 50...
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 23/04/09 11:42 PM Author Posted 23/04/09 11:42 PM $150, sweet, I might get some money back from the expense of the diff. Anymore takers that my car wont run a 10? becuase I guarentee you, when this diff goes in, it will do an easy 10.I'll bet $500 it does a 10 sec pass. Chris, do you want to hold the money from everyone??
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/09 12:41 AM Posted 24/04/09 12:41 AM I've no doubt you will see a 10 in the end with an expensive rear end. as is it just wont last.might want to thing about long gears too after the trouble simon had with his new fg and 5th gear. not sure if the t56 is stronger than the tr6060?either way you will struggle to get a 10 off the bat 1st time, which is what ppl are betting on I think..
YLD-11Z Member 178 Member For: 18y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 24/04/09 12:57 AM Author Posted 24/04/09 12:57 AM first run? I dont think so, ill need to find the right point where to drop the clutch etc etc, this cant be done on the street so the strip is the only place where I can practice it. I only said the car will do a 10 sec pass, it wont do it on the first run, I can assure you of that but it will be done
Recommended Posts