SLY6T Legacy Donating Member 585 Member For: 19y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: vic , melb SE Posted 16/04/09 01:47 AM Posted 16/04/09 01:47 AM yeah ok il keep ya posted . the trigger will be a hobbs pressure switch that I got from ebay from the states for like $12 or sumthing , you set it to a boost level and it trigers when it hits that boost . so iv got a switch to activate that . the second switch will just turn it on and let it run . iv machined up a lil control pannel out of alloy that go's in the shelf under the radio . it has 2 switch's and 2 lights. one light will come on when ever the pump is on and the second one will come on when the tanks nearly empty. The pump is just a old elect water pump my day used in his race boat . all the lines and check valves and spreyers im useing air festo air push in fittings for work . I hope they work and hold water but will see its all fun and games . the nozles for now will just be garden watering ones I found in my garage. I just need a tank to mount in the tray . I found one on ebay with a level in it that holds 3.5ltrs il prob get that.
SLY6T Legacy Donating Member 585 Member For: 19y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: vic , melb SE Posted 16/04/09 01:49 AM Posted 16/04/09 01:49 AM I can put some pics up of the progress if ya want , I dont care.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 16/04/09 09:08 AM Author Posted 16/04/09 09:08 AM yeah please do! I'm keen to get one on as I notice a fair performance drop on warm/ hot days.cheers
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 16/04/09 12:36 PM Posted 16/04/09 12:36 PM Great link HEREGot some good info on this website, however I'm not forking out that much dosh for a controller! Cheap bastard I am and defeats the challenge.You thought of combining with a temp sensor from the intercooler?
SLY6T Legacy Donating Member 585 Member For: 19y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: vic , melb SE Posted 16/04/09 09:47 PM Posted 16/04/09 09:47 PM the pump I reckon is the most costly the rest can be made up very cheaply . thos boost pressure switchs are about $30 from usa on ebay I just looked dunno if you can find them in aus they might be cheaper.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 16/04/09 10:37 PM Posted 16/04/09 10:37 PM Just need to go to a wreckers to get container and pump have hobbs on order and a temp kit from jcar and hopefully that will be a good combo!
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 24/04/09 05:40 AM Posted 24/04/09 05:40 AM will be interesting to see the final outcome
XR6Turbz Member 25 Member For: 17y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 23/08/09 03:16 PM Posted 23/08/09 03:16 PM only prob is trying to keep the water cool.I seen some dodgy setup with washer bottles and sprayers. waste of time I recon.how hot days are we talkin anyway.Most intercoolers should be fine with 25-30 degree days.
GR8XR6 ANGEL EYES Legacy Donating Member 1,683 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: SE Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 23/08/09 10:06 PM Posted 23/08/09 10:06 PM I could be wrong but I thought it was the evaporation that cools the cooler down therefore temp if water irrelevant??? 1
red rocket Member 29 Member For: 17y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: noble park, vic Posted 07/09/09 03:40 PM Posted 07/09/09 03:40 PM in street fords forced induction handbook they said with the spray system the outlet temp was halved.....so id say good idea if you want to save sum cash!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now