Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane QLD
Posted

Yeah I'll see what I can do.

I'm having problems finding a ball and spring type thing to stop the syphoning. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

I'll see if I can get a vid this arvo.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m
Posted

I have not been able to find a ball and spring thingy either. I do have a couple of different types of one way valve. I put one in near the tank but it does not stop siphoning. I have a different type which I will try.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m
Posted

The only anti siphon (syphon) valve I can find that may come close is "Sullivan anti siphon valve" Its made for RC planes. However, I can not find any information anywhere that says what size the connectors are.

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)

PM this guy....

P_BA_XR6

he has what I'm talking about.. that's how I know about it

Edited by Kroozin
  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Just bought 1 of these =http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boost-Pressure-Switch-For-Turbo-Water-Injection-hobbs-/330901456833?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0b4387c1&vxp=mtr anyone have a link to a set of fine mist nozzles that dont cost an arm and a leg? Ive seen the wrx ones and I cant really say that its a fine mist...

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m
Posted

Yep, that's the same switch that I got.

I installed a 2nd one way valve (a different type) in the line yesterday. Have not had a chance to test it yet though.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m
Posted

Hi Kroozin.

That looks like a mighty powerful pump. You might need to use clips to stop the lines blowing off.

Been trying to get hold of the washer check valve (anti syphon valve). Bursons etc have never heard of it. I'll keep trying.

  • Menace
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Got the temp controller installed,

Put the probe in the coldside pipe at the exit of the cooler.

NO water spray:

Ambient temp 24deg

Boosting in 1st and second gear, temp spikes from 24deg to 48 degrees

Back off and cruise, temp stays around 35-38 degrees for about a 1km. and slowly comes back to ambient around 10 minutes.

If I boost before 10 minutes, temp spikes higher than 50 degrees, and everything is getting heat soaked.

WITH water spray set to turn on at 29 degrees.:

Boost 1st , 2nd gears. Temp spikes to 38degrees, drops to 25 dgrees in about 30 seconds.

Boost again and temp only hits 38 degrees, and drops back rapidly, heat soak is no issue at all.

PROBLEM:

I was suprised how much heat soak happens after parking.

after my couple of test runs, parked for an hour, then turned on, and temp was 35 degrees. So spray pump came on and stayed on with no purpose, just dumping water.

As soon as I started to move temp dropped, but general heat soak of the complete air intake system was hard to get temp below 28 degrees. After a few km of normal driving (not boosting) temp came down to 21 degrees.

I think if the thermo fans came on for a few minutes on engine start, that would get the heat soaked air intake system down in temp quicker.?????????????????

Hey thanks for the link on the china temp. controll you posted earlier.. just wondering if you could tell me what you got exactly from jaycar to modify your temp. probe to stick it in your int. pipe?

Also how did you go with your check valve?

Here is what I'll be putting together soon. Just need a checkvalve and that bit from jaycar + piping and a tank.

mist nozzles: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221158855078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

pump: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230961134090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

hobbs switch: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330901456833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

temp. cont: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290567953863?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...