XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Posted 19/08/03 11:19 AM Posted 19/08/03 11:19 AM Well Im in the market to do something soon about upgrading the AUIII to either an XR6 T or an XR8. The possibilities are endless with both cars, but ive come to the following conclusion. I know this is a Turbo Site, but neways here I go. XR8 Sedan - White (YUCK I know, but gotta look clean) AUTO BOX Premium SoundReverse Parking Sensors and maybe 18 inch Rims????Neways that's what im thinking, but im sure most of you have been down the same ille, so give me some info and what you think about the Turbos. The only thing that makes me want the Eight over the Turbo is the V8 sound, otherwise I am pretty sure the Turbo will out perform the 8. Oh and you can get an XR8 tomorrow, turbo end of Novemeber with options.
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 19/08/03 11:22 AM Posted 19/08/03 11:22 AM Looks like some good options! go the 18"s... they look great!
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Posted 19/08/03 11:28 AM Author Posted 19/08/03 11:28 AM Yeh I know they are awesome, but if I get them ive got a feeling that I wont wanna drive it, incase I scratch one.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 19/08/03 11:45 AM Posted 19/08/03 11:45 AM You can't go wrong with either, IMO ...
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 19/08/03 12:53 PM Posted 19/08/03 12:53 PM Given that you can get an XR8 without waiting, and probably at a discount that reduces the price difference between the two down to bugger all, l would go the 8 18's are worth it, they really add to the looks of the car, especially with the bulge.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/08/03 01:48 PM Posted 19/08/03 01:48 PM White (YUCK I know, but gotta look clean) Do the other colours look dirty?
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 20/08/03 03:52 AM Posted 20/08/03 03:52 AM Heya AUIIIXR6VCT,Alright!! Mate, you have gotta love the note of the XR8. I personally love the note, the hump on the bonnet, it's all good. Never owned a V8, probably why they appeal to me so much.Go for it, either way......You will think to yourself, "And I've been driving the "VCT" for HOW long"? We did. :lol:
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Location: Geelong Posted 20/08/03 03:53 AM Posted 20/08/03 03:53 AM Given that you can get an XR8 without waiting, and probably at a discount that reduces the price difference between the two down to bugger all, l would go the 8 18's are worth it, they really add to the looks of the car, especially with the bulge. I'm with Mondie if you can get the roar of a 260kw V8 for similar price I would have got one in a second, its the 6 grand that hurts, you basically get more torque a bonnet bulge and a sexy sound for your 6K. With its better handling and easier modding, the turbo wins most of the buyers. you can get merc silver in both, one of the best colours for looking clean.
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 20/08/03 04:54 AM Posted 20/08/03 04:54 AM 18's are worth it, they really add to the looks of the car, especially with the bulge.Is that PANTS or BONNET
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 20/08/03 05:06 AM Posted 20/08/03 05:06 AM I personally love ... the hump on the bonnet I'm sure you could hump on the bonnet of a 6 Haven't driven an 8, and I'd be interested to see just how different they are, in terms of power delivery, in the lower rev range. However, I would miss the throw you back in your seat and punch you in the guts explosiveness of the turbo.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now