Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
Posted

hi all

just a quick 1

I got a XR6T ... full standard besides cosmetic mods

I hav a problem when I give it to it the car hits 18psi and sounds like it is missing

and the car restriccts itself

I have heard diff ppl tell me diff things like

the cat convertor has collapsed and blocked the exhaust up

&

the actuator?

any help would b appreciated

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted (edited)

yeah, id be gettin that tuned asap.. and I wud keep off boosting it. when I did my intercooler kit and was on my way down to get it tuned, I cudnt help my self to put my foot down, and she hit 27psi.. goes to show how much airflow everything is restricting

Edited by typhoon_freak
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
Posted

I tryed gettin it tuned ... and the place sed they can set it at 12psi

but it keeps goin up to 18 on its own

there the 1s who sed its the exhaust

  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisvages, Capalaba
Posted (edited)

I thought they wud b able to control it.. if its going crazy like that, maybe do the flapper mod on the turbo,

Edited by typhoon_freak
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

actuator is basically a spring in the turbo that holds boost. sounds like your wastegate is jammed champ, so you cant bleed off excess boost.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

price depends on what you can and cant do yourself. its nothin major, but stay off boost. if it were mine I would take the turbo off, inspect and see what needs doing. then replace the actuator with an 8psi one. then a tune.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: south east suburbs
Posted

The vehicle is totally stock therefore if it is overboosting to 18psi, then it most prob could be the actuator, which opens up to allow excess boost out , whereas as in your situation your flapper is staying shut therefore building up huge boost and going into limp mode...also be careful that its not pinging, and it would also be running very lean at those boost levels...so bad that you could be in for a bang....stay off slamming the throttle and take it to a worshop to suss out the actuator...this isnt the first time ive heard of this happening.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Is the 12psi tune still on the car, or is it back to standard tune?

Probably unlikely, but check the hose that comes off the front of the turbo and connects to the boost solenoid. If that's off it will boost well past standard. Click here that thread tells you how to clean the solenoid, use that as a guide to find the hose I am talking about. Follow it from the solenoid and it should be attached to the front of the turbo.

Good Luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...