Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted
ohh trust me it made me want one more but untill I can pay me existing loan off then sell my wrx its just not possible

I also couldn't wait after test driving my car. Signed that evening after a tad of negotiation! Prooooobably shoulda shopped a little but hey I'm happy :)

Good luck finding your T. Another vote for BF built after 06/06 here. I haven't modded mine yet (much to 03XR6T's dismay) but know that when I do, I'll reap the rewards.

  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

:stupid:

For post 06/06 BF...

Better looks, bigger breaks, bigger/better cams, BETTER BETTER auto, better fuel economy, better to modify, better auto, stronger bottom end/valve springs, smarter ECU, better auto...

Overall a much more refined car, they also have a better auto...

:thumbsup:

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW, Sydney
Posted

I'm spewing still that mines a 02/06 build!

Man-Pants summed it all up though.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 1d
  • Location: adelaide
Posted (edited)
:huh:

For post 06/06 BF...

Better looks, bigger breaks, bigger/better cams, BETTER BETTER auto, better fuel economy, better to modify, better auto, stronger bottom end/valve springs, smarter ECU, better auto...

Overall a much more refined car, they also have a better auto...

:biggrin:

seams ill be looking for a bf then :blush: Edited by jasol
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
Posted

The cheapest BF Mark II Turbo you can get will be at Fowles Govt Auctions in Sydney.(Ex Chasers)

As long as the body and interior are ok I would say about 1 in every 5 XR6Ts that go through are in reasonable nik... you will have no problem.

The other 4 out of 5 will go dirt cheap... I have seen some go for like 17k...you should get a good one for under 20K.

The reason why chasers have become a more attractive proposition is that they all still have warranty so effectively even if you buy one from auction with mechanical issues these will most likely be covered under normal warranty like and other Falcon under warranty...

The later 07 ones have the premium sound option too...

My advise is be patient you have to turn up the auction a couple of times and follow the bidding etc...as you might get one week where people are going berzerk trying to out bid each other then the next week harldy anyone is bidding on them...so persistence pays...

I have seen dealers at the auctions buying them and have even competed with them while bidding...all they do is bid on them detail them and then throw them in the yard with a 6k mark up...

I have physically kept records of rego numbers and auction price and then seen the same car at a Ford dealer with that sort of price difference.

  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted

When everyone says the BF gets Typhoon internals area all Typhoon internals the same??

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 8d
Posted
The cheapest BF Mark II Turbo you can get will be at Fowles Govt Auctions in Sydney.(Ex Chasers)

As long as the body and interior are ok I would say about 1 in every 5 XR6Ts that go through are in reasonable nik... you will have no problem.

The other 4 out of 5 will go dirt cheap... I have seen some go for like 17k...you should get a good one for under 20K.

The reason why chasers have become a more attractive proposition is that they all still have warranty so effectively even if you buy one from auction with mechanical issues these will most likely be covered under normal warranty like and other Falcon under warranty...

The later 07 ones have the premium sound option too...

My advise is be patient you have to turn up the auction a couple of times and follow the bidding etc...as you might get one week where people are going berzerk trying to out bid each other then the next week harldy anyone is bidding on them...so persistence pays...

I have seen dealers at the auctions buying them and have even competed with them while bidding...all they do is bid on them detail them and then throw them in the yard with a 6k mark up...

I have physically kept records of rego numbers and auction price and then seen the same car at a Ford dealer with that sort of price difference.

Agreed. Ive seen the same thing. I also saw a T owned by a different department go for 26.5k plus auction fees, was clean but not worth that much without a test drive. If someone really wants it its best just to stick to your budget and let them have it.

I got mine from the auctions and couldnt be happier, but its not a chaser.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...