Ricky N Member 93 Member For: 17y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 15/06/09 11:59 AM Posted 15/06/09 11:59 AM (edited) AhahahaIf you have just put a compressor wheel on there without VSR balancing it and it hasn't self destructed you are extremely lucky. Putting a new compressor wheel on without straightening and balancing the turbo is some very bad advice.But ay, couple of zip ties and sum chewy and shiel be right ay. Edited 07/05/10 09:14 AM by RHR No need to quote above post
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 15/06/09 12:17 PM Posted 15/06/09 12:17 PM You forgot the Gaffa tape. Being a pro muso for many years, I know there isn't much it can't do.
kovac Member 68 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: campbelltown Posted 07/05/10 08:24 AM Posted 07/05/10 08:24 AM hmmmm I might be having this same prob (or not) mine has the same noise but only when the turbo is hot and at revs from 4000 - 6000 rpm but my bov sound normal as it is stock. I took it to ford and they recon that it is normal I have had a look at the comp wheel but it seems fine could it be anything else??????
MILES Legacy Donating Member 103 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 07/05/10 09:10 AM Posted 07/05/10 09:10 AM I had the same noise coming from my f6 typhoon a while back after a tune. It was a boost leak. I actually didn't mind the noise/whine.But it's fixed up and gone now.
xrt Member 160 Member For: 18y 3m 8d Posted 07/05/10 09:19 AM Posted 07/05/10 09:19 AM my ba whines at the same sort of pitch but quietly only sometimes at night (colder weather) almost the same noise as what you hear from a turbo diesel ute if you know what I mean.its only running stock boost but my boost gauge goes to the full 6psi so surely it doesnt have a boost leak?is that normal? think I might be checking my fins and bolts to be sure
kovac Member 68 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: campbelltown Posted 07/05/10 11:57 PM Posted 07/05/10 11:57 PM Roughly where would it leaking I tightened the air intake clamps could it be towards the dump pipe? Or could it be the turbo itself that needs to be tightened
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now