Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/03/09 01:25 AM Posted 03/03/09 01:25 AM (edited) G'Day guys,I have just done a turbo conversion on my car. The ECU I picked up however, already has a custom tune on it. Ford cannot put a factory tune back into it. I just spoke to a well known tuner and they said that it would cost $1100 for the tune and $500 for the flash box. Does this sound a bit much for a custom tune? Also, I spoke to another tuner (AVO) and they wanted ~$700 for the tune. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Cheers,AJ Edited 03/03/09 01:26 AM by Phooned
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/03/09 01:41 AM Posted 03/03/09 01:41 AM $600 to $700 is norm smith (normal). Anything else, they'd better be doing something pretty special, like putting speed holes in your bonnet to make you go faster...
Guest Guests Posted 03/03/09 01:55 AM Posted 03/03/09 01:55 AM @ speedholes!$1100 is pretty pricey mate, but what exactly are you getting with that & who was the quote from? If you are getting new re-gapped plugs, boost leak test, service, general check over etc etc then that's not a bad price...I know my tuner likes to make sure everything is running properly & oils/fluids are all good before slapping it on the rollers. That's where the extra cost may be coming from & if so, it's money well spent imo
Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/03/09 02:03 AM Author Posted 03/03/09 02:03 AM Aah ok...any tuners that you would recommend in SE Melbourne? I can PM you the name of the tuner if you like...
Guest Guests Posted 03/03/09 02:31 AM Posted 03/03/09 02:31 AM I'd recommend Danny, aka Headsex. Yea pm away
Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 3m 29d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/03/09 01:01 PM Author Posted 03/03/09 01:01 PM Also just quickly guys, has anyone had their car tuned at AVO/Nizpro and how good was their job (would you recommend them)?
HPF Performance is our business Member 192 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Posted 06/03/09 03:49 AM Posted 06/03/09 03:49 AM G'Day guys,I have just done a turbo conversion on my car. The ECU I picked up however, already has a custom tune on it. Ford cannot put a factory tune back into it. I just spoke to a well known tuner and they said that it would cost $1100 for the tune and $500 for the flash box. Does this sound a bit much for a custom tune? Also, I spoke to another tuner (AVO) and they wanted ~$700 for the tune. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Cheers,AJWe charge $770 for a custom tune including regapping the plugs (using your tune box) or $1195 for a custom tune with a HPF supplied Xcal2 device. Matt.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 06/03/09 05:11 AM Posted 06/03/09 05:11 AM I recommend Headsex (Danny)
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 6d Posted 06/03/09 01:22 PM Posted 06/03/09 01:22 PM I have been going to NIZPRO for the past 2.5 years and have had a good run with them so far as the cars still going well and havent broken anything yet. Danny is another known good tuner and is getting great results as alot from here are finding out when getting their cars tuned by him. Once you choose your tuner try and stick with them as its like choosing mods for these cars "do your homework and try make the right decisions the first time". Saves alot of time and money.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 06/03/09 01:49 PM Posted 06/03/09 01:49 PM I recommend Headsex (Danny)Knows his stuff better than most granted.Does the rest of his business stack up legally, ie ABNs , insurances, public liabilities, warranties, facilities etc.Just curious is all. Stooges back in your boxes before you start. Fair question IMO. We only ever hear one side of the story.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now