PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 21/02/09 11:54 AM Posted 21/02/09 11:54 AM Did anyone else take notice of what mode the dyno run was done in?I read SHOOT 81.Does that make any difference to power rreadings?
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 21/02/09 02:17 PM Posted 21/02/09 02:17 PM I suspect the dyno is reading a tad highhahaha, ya think?
Herbie_Ford Member 36 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/02/09 05:35 AM Posted 22/02/09 05:35 AM Wow that's impressive dyno result with such little mods good work
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 22/02/09 08:44 AM Posted 22/02/09 08:44 AM should be in shoot 6f.
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 3d Posted 22/02/09 08:57 AM Posted 22/02/09 08:57 AM When I first started playing I did pump,injectors,valve springs,phoon lower intake and bmc panel and made 270rwkw on NIZPROS dyno. 320rwkw sounds high but maybe you have a freak. Mines 4spd so maybe the 6spd makes a difference on the dyno?? Either way great result.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 25d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 22/02/09 11:43 AM Posted 22/02/09 11:43 AM must be a SA thing to use incorrect dyno formats.....
turbs06 Member 42 Member For: 18y 2m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/02/09 01:00 AM Author Posted 23/02/09 01:00 AM I contacted David from KPM about using incorrect Dyno formats to increase rwkw's. He told me that he used the correct mode for the xr6 turbo and that Shoot 81 is the older format and has now been replaced by shoot 6F on newer model dyno's. He also said that there would be little difference in power readings between the two modes. At the moment I'm not really too worried about dyno figures the car is running well and I am happy with the increase in power. Cheers.
Guest Guests Posted 23/02/09 01:06 AM Posted 23/02/09 01:06 AM must be a SA thing to use incorrect dyno formats.....I contacted David from KPM about using incorrect Dyno formats to increase rwkw's. He told me that he used the correct mode for the xr6 turbo and that Shoot 81 is the older format and has now been replaced by shoot 6F on newer model dyno's. He also said that there would be little difference in power readings between the two modes. At the moment I'm not really too worried about dyno figures the car is running well and I am happy with the increase in power. Cheers.Well said mate So long as she performs well, is reliable & gives you enjoyment then that's all that really matters.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 23/02/09 09:31 AM Posted 23/02/09 09:31 AM I have heard this before also. the shoot 81 thing.it was posted on a different thread. seems right to me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now