xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 13/02/09 11:34 PM Posted 13/02/09 11:34 PM All my rotors are pretty well stuffed so I'm looking at doing some sort of upgrade. Vehicle is a 03 BA xr6T auto its got the PBR upgrade I believe.Options I have been wondering about is,Getting some standard rotors and getting them slotted? put some good pads on blah blah..Also have wondered about putting BF rotors and calipers on, Is this very hard to do and will it make a huge difference?Any other options will be considered but I don't particularly want to spent thousands.Thanks Ben
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/02/09 12:12 AM Posted 14/02/09 12:12 AM If most of your driving is done on the street, I would get some Good Slotted rotors (DBA4000) and some decent pads (PBR or Ferodo) - that should do you well enough
bjcrown Legacy Donating Member 182 Member For: 20y 11m 11d Posted 14/02/09 12:23 AM Posted 14/02/09 12:23 AM If one changes the rotors (DBA4000) + pads at the front, do you have to change the rears as well? Can the rears stay stock???
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 14/02/09 12:37 AM Posted 14/02/09 12:37 AM You can mix and match if you like, however an even upgrade in brakes is always a good idea for the best results.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 14/02/09 12:48 AM Posted 14/02/09 12:48 AM If one changes the rotors (DBA4000) + pads at the front, do you have to change the rears as well? Can the rears stay stock???Not really. I did the fronts first and the backs some months later. If the fronts are done with a better braking setup then you will feel it in the rear but only under spirited driving, the everyday stuff wont make a difference.I.B.
Saski Member 68 Member For: 17y 11m 30d Posted 22/03/09 03:34 AM Posted 22/03/09 03:34 AM Is it hard to fit BF II turbo front brakes into a BA?Has anyone done this?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 22/03/09 03:40 AM Posted 22/03/09 03:40 AM The change over is very straight forward, as the mounting points are exactly the same.
lorenz Member 24 Member For: 17y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Mosman Park, WA Posted 27/03/09 01:05 AM Posted 27/03/09 01:05 AM I would recommend the 4 pot Brembo upgrade.I picked one up off ebay for $1,800 which was for a brand new front kit including calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, lines and all mounting requirements to fit to a ba falcon.Fitment is super easy.Definitely worth considering in my opinionLorenz
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 27/03/09 11:32 PM Author Posted 27/03/09 11:32 PM cept I don't realy have 1800$ just sitting around lol. am seriously concidering the bf calipers with some dba slotted rotars... how much better will this be and will I have any problem with abs or anything?
howitzer85 Member 241 Member For: 19y 7m 10d Gender: Male Location: The marsh... Posted 29/03/09 08:16 AM Posted 29/03/09 08:16 AM if its really got the upgraded brakes then they're better then bf calipers...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now