New Guy Needing Advice

Guest Jet87

Guest EdMoorhouse
  • Guests

The premium paint is any colour other than white ,black, or red. it costs about $300.00 if I remember rightly. I went for the premium sound as you get the 6 stacker with that.It is also extremely good sound as well. As for Manual or auto?? I went auto because I believe the manual is right on the limit with the Power and torque it has to handle. I would normally have a manual but after driving the auto I found it was quite fun useing it as a manual. I guess I'm getting lazy. It truely is a sweet auto though. The leather seats are a hoot as well. Expect a bit of a wait from the time you order, mine took 4 months from southside ford in Brisbane. It would have been 6 months from the local dealer though. Insurance is a bit nasty unless you are over 25 and on rating 1. $584.00 from AAMI if you fit that profile. It was the cheapest I could find. When you do get the XR and I'm sure you are hooked, you will have trouble keeping your wife out of the drivers seat and you will never get the smile off your face.

Good luck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Isher
  • Guests

Jet,

Because it is early I the morning I will only add three things:

1. The standard brakes are fine IMHO. They do a great job, I have covered 6200k's since new with no sign of break shudder. All I can guess is that some of the guys who have experienced brake shudder must be really giving their breaks a flogging :wub: While the premium brakes 'might' be worth the extra $3K, If the budget is tight that money would be better spent on other options.

2. As stated get the premium sound. It's not really an option/ It gives the interior of the car a more smart and classy appearance IMHO.

3. And yes, Mercury Silver is THE colour of choice. Anyone who says otherwise is in a self-induced delusional state brought upon by witnessing the shear beauty of a Merc Silver XR in the flesh after taking delivery of their (insert colour here) XR. B) (Now, where has that flame suit been hiding...)

Regards,

Isher

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 22d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

AND........you get the sexy foot well light sockets (supply your own bulbs @1.50 each) with the premium sound. :D :wub:

HgAg blends in well with the other traffic after you have had a 'hoon fix' too B) :wub:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 20d
Don't believe a word from anyone who does'nt own a Mercury Silver T, they are lying, two faced, ill informed people and will resort to all sorts of trickery to get you to buy a car the same colour as theirs, Blueprint owners are the worse.

Also, Mercury Silver cars are faster :thumbsup:

Wise words from an obviously wise man. :thumbsup:

Just ask Ken. :idea:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

I'm wif Mondie.

Silver is for conservative old farts! :thumbsup:

Jet87 Go Phantom for the Dark Mysterious [Fat Borstard Voice]DEAD SEXY[/Fat Borstard Voice] look.

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 12d

They do a great job, I have covered 6200k's since new with no sign of break shudder. All I can guess is that some of the guys who have experienced brake shudder must be really giving their breaks a flogging :thumbsup: 

Shudder didn't start until about 8,000kms for me - so you are not out of the woods yet.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

I dont know whats wrong with all of you Mercury Silver conservative types :lol: . Jet87 if you are in your midlife crisis and really want to stand out from the crowd you get a Citric Acid T.

Second thoughts just get your Blueprint, Merc Silver or any colour except Citric Acid and I will continue to stand out and make an impression everywhere I go. I just love this car only had it for 5 days now but as the song goes I cant get enough of this. :thumbsup:

Guest Jet87
  • Guests

THANKS EVERYONE, great to hear everyone so pationate about their cars, really makesd you feel comfortable with this model.

Colour has not been chosen yet. Two days till my test drive!!! Then I'll let you guys know how I went.

Premium sound does look much better, it will most likley get the nod. Premium brakes won't. Can't afford the extra 3k, simple.

Haven't decided between auto or manual yet.

• Member For: 21y 3m 16d

Gday Jet

Mine's pretty close to a pov pack XR6T (if there is such a thing)...only option was Premium Sound. Rest is standard - 17" wheels, std brakes, std interior. With my budget, my choice was an NA XR6 with trimmings or a turbo - really not a choice at all!!

Terrific car to drive...quick in a straight line, handles corners very professionally, sounds great with a few revs on!

Would buy it again no problem at all.

GDH

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d
THANKS EVERYONE, great to hear everyone so pationate about their cars, really makesd you feel comfortable with this model.

Colour has not been chosen yet.  Two days till my test drive!!! Then I'll let you guys know how I went.

Premium sound does look much better, it will most likley get the nod. Premium brakes won't. Can't afford the extra 3k, simple.

Haven't decided between auto or manual yet.

OK, Jet ... now listen very carefully.

You have 2 very important decisions to make here and it's not too late to make the correct ones. :huh:

If you choose Mercury Silver you will gain automatic addmission to Team HgAg. This is important, cause this is the only team to belong to. Wittiest, most inteligent members with the best sense of humour, not to mention the secret monthly sex get togethers ... did I just mention that? :huh:

2nd decision is very simple ... MANUAL, they go faster and they're more fun!

Come on now, I know you'll do the right thing ... :blush: