New Guy Needing Advice

Guest Jet87

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

Welcome to the site Jet87. These are my personal opinions so therefore obviously have more weight and value than those that disagree with me. :blush:

I dont have the premium sound and dont feel I'm missing out by not having it. I dont have the stereo up loud enough to make my ears bleed and can handle changing CD's if the need arises.

I have the auto and love it. The choice of transmission is a personal choice but I believe that you'll be happy with either choice. (dont tell IMTRBO I said that.)

I have the leather and love it I think it adds a bit to the interior, if you can afford it get it.

I dont have the 18" wheels but I think they are great and another option worth getting if the budget allows.

As far as the brakes are concerned I have the standard brakes and have no complaints what so ever. I have done 12000km and the brakes are great.

The "T" is an all-round awesome car that gets even better with over 3-5000km on the clock. No matter what options you do or dont get you'll still be a very happy camper, as Ken would say. :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
Also are the standard brakes really that much of an issue for day to day driving?

No, they work just fine - stopped the car very quickly when required a couple of times.

The theory is that they are less susceptible to (1) brake fade, and (2) brake shudder. IMO the first isn't an issue for day-to-day driving, and the second will probably be fixed (eventually) by Ford.

Guest Jet87
  • Guests

Yeah that Premium sound option will get the nod if finances allow. The centre dash area looks pretty integrated, would hate to have it wrecked with aftermarket stereo fitment. B)

But I'm glad to hear from someone else who has the standard brakes. I can't see myself spending the extra couple of thousand they are asking for the premium brakes.

Can't wait for a test drive next week. Oh and does anyone know what the Premium paint option is?

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 7d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Another convert!! (This keeps up I'll be trudging the streets with me briefcase knocking on doors and spreading the word brothers!) :D

Welcome in from the dark side Jet, welcome.......pull up a piece of ground and snuggle up to the fire and Uncle Al will tell you fact from fiction........nice and comfy?.....good.

Don't believe a word from anyone who does'nt own a Mercury Silver T, they are lying, two faced, ill informed people and will resort to all sorts of trickery to get you to buy a car the same colour as theirs, Blueprint owners are the worse.

Also, Mercury Silver cars are faster :pinch:

Premium sound I agree is a MUST!, I mean how are you going to listen to Ozzy Osbourne correctly with out it........ :rock:

Don't like being stared at........deal with it cause it will happen.....often.

Don't like being egged on at the lights.....................bullsh!t :D

If your into things of a spiritual nature your going to love this car because for some strange and eerie reason no matter how bad the world is when your in it once you get behind the wheel and turn the motor on the storm clouds part and the sun shines through. That big ugly, tattooed Hells Angel on his fatboy in the lane next to you smiles at you like a renaissance cherub, and you will swear you can see love hearts dancing around his head. Truck drivers just nod and give you a whistful look. Women will fall at your tailpipe, young teenage girls will scream and chase you for your autograph. Yes, jet my son stange and wonderful things will surely happen to you once you get your beloved 'T', you will be impressed.

Now p!ss off and leave me to my musings..........."oh its so nice and warm in the nuthouse.............."

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 14d

Welcome Jet87 :pinch:

The XR6T is a great car allround and I think after your test drive you will pretty quickly agree I have premium sound but rarely listen to it as I love listening to my T rev out. Unless you intend doing track days idon't think you need Premium brakes and you would probably better off getting DBA'S anyway later on

Anyway have a test drive,give it a bit and make your own mind up :lol:

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
Blueprint owners are the worse.

Also, Mercury Silver cars are faster :pinch:

:rock:

Like I said, some strange people around here :blank:

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 5m

Premium paint is basically just any non-solid colour (ie metallic).

Premium sound gets you tweeters in the front windscreen A pillars and a subwoofer and amp in the rear and an in dash 6 cd stacker. It's the best factory system I've heard but if you are a real audiophile you might be dissapointed with the sound quality. You can't upgrade the head unit but you can add/replace better speakers and amps. Some of the other members have already done this and have had great results.

The XR6T is a great all round package and represents great value for money. The closest other thing would be a VY SV8 or SS. The piston slap/oil usage potential turns me off.

Any other questions just ask away. :pinch:

Edit: Don't listen to them other guys - RED ones go faster!

Edited by Falchoon

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 7d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Edit: Don't listen to them other guys - RED ones go faster!

That's just a dreamtime myth perpetrated by Kevin B!oody Wilson :D

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

I like to think that the Silver ones not only go faster, but show a certain level of sophistication, elegance, maturity, intelligence ... blue, red, etc., so "young", so "impetuous". :blush:

Yes, sophisticated Silver it is my friend, you won't regret it. B)

Oh yeh, almost forgot ... go the manual, cause they really f*ckin' hammer! :o :thumbsup:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d

Silver is for conservative old farts! :wub:

One great feature you pickup with the Premium sound that hasnt been mentioned is the colour TFT screen you get in place of the smaller LCD display. Gives the centre stack a big lift in looks and legibility :wub: