TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/09 06:27 AM Posted 30/01/09 06:27 AM I know that a thread was already around on this, but I cant find it (damn dial up).Does anybody know the part numbers and where I can get the male and female plugs to make a throttle body extension loom. Ford spare parts has no idea (big surprise there).I dont want to cut into mine, and nobody (as far as I know) sells this wiring as a seperate item.If I can find the neccasary parts, ill make a few of them and flog them on ebay for a decent price.I need to get this done ASAFP thanks to the whole flash tuner debarcle.
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 30/01/09 08:04 AM Posted 30/01/09 08:04 AM I asked this Question a week or so ago.Looked everywhere, got some suggestions but nothing found for straight plug in.Process west does them but he wont sell the extensions unless its in the TB relocation kit.I have ended up just splicing into harness by soldering and using heat shrink.I used a spare harness I had by stripping it back to get the full length of wirethen cut the original plugs off and spliced there.Ford would have tried to sell you a throttle body.Its not a plug on the parts list so they wont have it.looked through a large wrecker trying to find either plugs with no success.
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/01/09 08:38 AM Author Posted 31/01/09 08:38 AM Yeah I knew there was another thread. Shame that you couldnt find any.I really dont want to splice into mine, but if I have no choice I have no choice.Dammit...
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/09 08:52 AM Posted 31/01/09 08:52 AM (edited) Have you tryed nizpro ?if not try them. Edited 31/01/09 08:52 AM by YPURV4
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 31/01/09 09:49 AM Posted 31/01/09 09:49 AM I think process west and nizpro are the only company that make them. If you could make a few im sure they will sell.
Process West Member 248 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong NSW Posted 31/01/09 11:16 AM Posted 31/01/09 11:16 AM I asked this Question a week or so ago.Looked everywhere, got some suggestions but nothing found for straight plug in.Process west does them but he wont sell the extensions unless its in the TB relocation kit.I have ended up just splicing into harness by soldering and using heat shrink.I used a spare harness I had by stripping it back to get the full length of wirethen cut the original plugs off and spliced there.Ford would have tried to sell you a throttle body.Its not a plug on the parts list so they wont have it.looked through a large wrecker trying to find either plugs with no success.The female plugs dont actually exist in any car....the plugs (and pins) I use were manufactured specifically for this job.Kev
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 31/01/09 01:02 PM Posted 31/01/09 01:02 PM So who manufactures them for you?
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 31/01/09 02:08 PM Posted 31/01/09 02:08 PM Bit of a silly question don't you think.If it was me I wouldn't be giving my business away for free.
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 01/02/09 12:43 AM Posted 01/02/09 12:43 AM Good luck getting that info out of anyone.
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/02/09 05:18 AM Posted 01/02/09 05:18 AM yer dont expect him to give away his bussiness, hell its only a couple of plugs not anything that is of any real advantage except keeping engine harness original.Bit tight if you ask me.How about I keep trying to find a manufacturer and just tell everyone for no charge.Thought this community was all about helping each other.Why would I buy a TB relocation kit off PW just for the cables concidering I have already a Plazmaman Plenum.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now