jimmy1234 Legacy Donating Member 364 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Posted 23/01/09 09:41 PM Posted 23/01/09 09:41 PM (edited) As the title says, I have relocated my battery to the boot and want to run a dry cell in there. So what one should I get and where from... Edited 23/01/09 09:44 PM by jimmy1234
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/01/09 11:13 PM Posted 23/01/09 11:13 PM I've not heard of dry vell batteries, google shows nothing either, you really are on the cutting edge of technology aren't you Jimmy??
jimmy1234 Legacy Donating Member 364 Member For: 18y 7m 20d Gender: Male Posted 23/01/09 11:30 PM Author Posted 23/01/09 11:30 PM Yeah on the edge....I could not edit the title.....But I am sure you know what I was saying.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 23/01/09 11:53 PM Posted 23/01/09 11:53 PM I don't know about a dry cell but you could try an Odyssey gel cell.Should be able to pick one up from any reputable battery supplier.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 24/01/09 04:37 AM Posted 24/01/09 04:37 AM Had an Optima yellow top dry cell in the old car... Paid nearly $400 for it at a car audio place...
robbo T Member 27 Member For: 18y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: tassie Posted 24/01/09 04:56 AM Posted 24/01/09 04:56 AM go an optima, good batteries, pay a bit for them however a mate has a fishing boat he fitted two to, many years ago and they turn 300hp outboards over every time and have never needed charging.
F6R Member 81 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Posted 24/01/09 06:56 AM Posted 24/01/09 06:56 AM Optima is a good choice. Full River is also good for alternative sizing. Odessey have always been poo.
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 24/01/09 11:41 AM Posted 24/01/09 11:41 AM Odessey have always been poo.Bit harsh, considering you can't even spell it right.Got any reasoning as to why you think this?
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 25/01/09 10:02 PM Posted 25/01/09 10:02 PM (edited) I love Optimas, have had them in my last three cars and never missed a beat - copping a decent stereo load.Heres a pic of my current one installed - fyi they don't fit in the factory battery box either (not the D34)... and one day I'll move the fuse holder to a permanent home. Edited 25/01/09 10:02 PM by Ghia
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/01/09 02:46 PM Posted 28/01/09 02:46 PM Random question- because these are sealed batteries, do the need to be mounted in a box in the boot? Or can they just be in a tray or bracket with terminal covers?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now