XRSCAR Member 414 Member For: 18y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: FTG, Victoria Posted 22/01/09 05:03 AM Posted 22/01/09 05:03 AM Great work Danny and congratulations Jimmy :D MONSTA!
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 22/01/09 08:55 AM Posted 22/01/09 08:55 AM Damn I missed the bickering....So when we cruising? I need to see this 360rwkw in action!!!
sleeper69 Member 179 Member For: 20y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 22/01/09 11:50 AM Posted 22/01/09 11:50 AM How about tomorrow night?? would luv to see this thing in the flesh...
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 11:52 AM Author Posted 22/01/09 11:52 AM Nah godda go out tomorrow night. Maybe on the cruise on the 22nd if I can get the day off It's nothing special guys seriously? Just a dyno number
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 22/01/09 01:03 PM Posted 22/01/09 01:03 PM Ahh... Humble aswell I see!
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 01:23 PM Posted 22/01/09 01:23 PM That's the plan. I was running mid 1:30's at Sandown last time with around 290rwkw, I wonder what 360rwkw will do? lolJames James James....forget about power mate, its about the corners...For instance, your around 8 seconds per lap off the pace of what a bog stock standard BA f6 typhoon is doing around sandown...My mate in his standard BA xr6T is doing sub 1.30's with a passenger on board. std clutch and not a single mod.its all about the corners mate, dont be afraid of those apex's, ohh and brake about 50 meters later for turn 1, 2, dandynong road, and the final complex ...judging by your last youtube vids....heheheIf you want to go fast around the track, I have a friend in the business, who's tuition for one day, will shave double the time off whatever mods you can do to your car will acheive. guarantee'dhow many laps you running per stint? and has temp been a problem?Watch that turbo running 15'ish psi for more than 3 laps....it will lunch itself
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 10:00 PM Author Posted 22/01/09 10:00 PM Yeah yeah I know. I was just having fun that day I wasn't really going hard as you can tell by my braking distances! I'm gonna go out there next time and give it a massive crack.What do you mean the turbo will lunch itself?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 10:19 PM Posted 22/01/09 10:19 PM It's nothing special guys seriously? Just a dyno numberYeah from the outside, looks bog stock sep the cooler which still isn't that in your face. But 360rwkw is not something to be taken lightly..
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 10:31 PM Author Posted 22/01/09 10:31 PM Don't forget the new Xforce twin 3" tips. They're a dead giveaway if you know what you're lookin at lolGrowing up I was always sick of seeing done up cars with no balls, so I'm a firm believer of power mods first :o
Full Monty Member 513 Member For: 19y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/01/09 11:03 PM Posted 22/01/09 11:03 PM (edited) running high PSi, over say 12psi for lap after lap, generates an enormous amount of heat in the turbo....The standard turbo has a nylon caged bearing, which will distort under such torture, leading to the turbo shaft becoming out of alignment, (at this point you will hear the turbo start to whistle louder and louder)...Until the compressor wheel contacts the housing and destroys itself, exiting out the exhaust.Nizpro have a stainless cage bearing to replace the std one, but its a turbo out job, so best done when you are doing the flapper mod.I strongly suggest you run a track safe tune, something with reduced boost, increased timing and 100 octane fuel, and limit stints to 3-4 laps, with a slow cool down lap before pitting. Edited 22/01/09 11:06 PM by Full Monty
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now