bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/01/09 10:00 AM Posted 14/01/09 10:00 AM It's retarded. This has happened to me 5 or so times since buying my car. and that's in 16,000km or soFirst time - Exhaust leak - TightenedSecond time - Exhaust Leak - TightenedThird time - Turbo died - Replaced - "New bolts" used Fourth time - 20km later - TightenedFifth time - Leaning out / leaking again, tightened.. awesome.What the hell do I do :/ They say dont use loctite or anything on it.. What do I do.mate I had the same issue n my phoon and after 20 times and a new turbo coz it warped I put locking tabs on it.........fixed it for good
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/01/09 04:24 PM Posted 14/01/09 04:24 PM (edited) yep ford service is a bad joke last month I had my car serviced by some ford monkeys 75000km service anyway on the invoice they charged me to check turbo and manifold bolts well no more than two days later the turbo bolts fall out ..........whats even better is the service manager tried to charge me for new bolts and then 175 bucks to do them back up reckons they didnt check them bolts they only check the other bolts and that these ones are part of the next service .............so I said oh those other bolts the imagery ones would you like to show me the turbo bolts you done up ? ....service guy looks around and says nothing ...... I go how about you save your bullsh*t for some other f*cking idoit and get off your ass and go and f*cking do the bolts up you *beep* charged me for two days ago to do up but couldnt be bothered to do the first time I think I keep going back to ford service more so for a laugh than anything else every time they f*ck something upYou are 100% correct mate, Fords service is so rediculous it can only be viewed as a joke or you'd have to belt someone.Try $450 for a wheel alignment, that bills still sitting on my desk after 4 months and will sit there a long long time.6 times to unsuccessfully fix a boot leakDash out twice to try and find a weird clicking sound coming from behind the glove boxPaint crazing on the rear bumperA mysterious loss of coolant, that stinks when you turn the car off, uses about a cm in the expansion tank a week. I'm wondering if they have a pressure tester in their workshop.Absolutely bloody hopeless they are. But now that the WA mining boom has collapsed back in to the hole they dug it out of some real mechanics might come back to town and thinks may change for the better. cops MIGHT FLY TO. Great cars but hopeless service and they wonder why I won't buy an FG. Too scared I'll get another lemon which is a shame because they have grown on me Edited 14/01/09 04:31 PM by hypnodoc
robbo k Member 414 Member For: 18y 5m 26d Location: Wollongong Posted 14/01/09 11:01 PM Posted 14/01/09 11:01 PM I thought u can get your car serviced at any authorised motor machanic n does stuff ya warranty???? as I had him done at my machanic n took mine back to Expensive Daewoo when something was wrong (ss ute) for warranty work no if or abouts out of them..... did have a run in 2 times at holden. the diff was shagged n the girl behind the desk said that was the exhuast was hitting the diff that's what the clunking sound was. I laughed n asked for the service manager he comes over n assures me that's what the blokes upstairs had come to. so I took him for a drive n his faced changed colour cause he knew it was shagged. I asked my mate that worked there that afternoon n said they only put it up on the hoist didnt even drive it!!! Then they tried to sting me 50 for a wheel alignment beacuse they replaced the power steering rack n didnt have time to fix it up told to come in the next day n they will do it. Again the lady at the serivce desk said that will be 50 bucks n I told he no n what had happened the day b4 n still continuied to have a go at me n get the 50 bucks until my mate walked past n told her it was meant to be done yesterday but ran out of time!!! im all for girls to work behind a service desk but they should be a trade machanic or know something about cars. as this lady didnt have a clueExpensive Daewoo and ford services r up to sh*t they will try anything to get a dollar here or there.. the bad part is they sting the elderly n they pay it which I find wrong.
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 23d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 15/01/09 07:59 AM Posted 15/01/09 07:59 AM Dash out twice to try and find a weird clicking sound coming from behind the glove boxHey Doc did they ever solve this. Cause I got the same thing. I thought it might be something ecu related behind the kick panel on the passenger side.
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 14d Posted 17/01/09 09:40 PM Author Posted 17/01/09 09:40 PM Ford head office told me its a wear and tear item hence not covered under warrany.I told them this is not wear and tear this a factory defect which should have at least been rectified by the time the BF Mark 2 came out.They are very evasive...Need to know has anyone actually had new turbo bolts replaced under warranty?As the dealer reckons they have only had a couple of cars lose turbo bolts and they were charged to have them replaced.He tried to make it out like its a very rare occurence which annoyed me.I just cant accept how turbo bolts comming off your turbo is considered a wear and tear maintanance item rather than a factory defect which could be rectified with better bolts!!!So now its regrdless of where I serviced the car its about Ford not covering any item that is classified a "maintanence" item...turbo bolts comming loose even after 15,000KMS is anacceptable in my opinion for a totally standard car!!!
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 18/01/09 09:32 AM Posted 18/01/09 09:32 AM Take it back and explain to them if they are claiming that it is a very rare occurence then it should be repaired under warranty.I'd be arguing with them till I was blue in the face if that's the attitude they are taking.
John_K Legacy Donating Member 438 Member For: 17y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/01/09 09:42 AM Posted 18/01/09 09:42 AM As for turbo bolts coming loose. There are locking tabs on a popular auction site you can get for them. Haven't tried them myself though.
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 14d Posted 18/01/09 10:47 PM Author Posted 18/01/09 10:47 PM Guys I appreciate your comments...I just want to know if anyone has actually had these turbo bolts replaced under warranty or if I am the first person trying to set a precedence.As the Ford dealer was making it out like on the rare occurences these bolts have come loose they have always charged the customer to replace them...I still cant stomach the fact that they wont admit that turbo bolts comming off so frequently is a design fault and hence covered under warranty...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now