Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 17/01/09 06:02 AM Posted 17/01/09 06:02 AM The wheels pictured in post #19 are the standard 18inch wheels on the BA2 and BF1Russ
MADF6 Member 399 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Posted 19/01/09 09:20 PM Author Posted 19/01/09 09:20 PM Thanks 'guesswho'! Much appreciated and exactly what I was after...Yeah, I'm thinking of staying with my current 19" that came with it (in post 8 from smicky). The black look nice especially on bionic but on black I think they look a little boy racer, and I figure if I'm not 100% set on getting them then don't because at 1K per rim (no incl. rubber) their not cheap. The silver rims seem to suit it a little more IMO.Thanks guys.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 20/01/09 12:34 AM Posted 20/01/09 12:34 AM MADF6 - You can get cheap replicas that will only cost you around $1k for the wheels.You will need tyres ontop of that but its still a cheap option.As far as I have heard, they are a good quality replica, the only difference being they may weigh 1 - 2 kg's more than a genuine wheel.Also keep your eyes out in the for sale section on here and ebay, you will be able to find some second hand wheels for a lot cheaper than the $980 odd per wheel that wheelking want...
Mist Member 54 Member For: 20y 2m 17d Posted 20/01/09 09:09 AM Posted 20/01/09 09:09 AM Just to make things worse... what were the other ones out of interest?As Russ said those are the stock 18" rims for older typhoons. I have them on my BA2 phoon and personally I think they look better than both the 19" Dark Argents and the similar but slightly stock 19" wheels on the BF2...But each to their own
MADF6 Member 399 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Posted 23/01/09 11:21 PM Author Posted 23/01/09 11:21 PM Cheers Dirty32...Here's some pics of something I've been thinking of. Basically just blacked out the standard rims. Which one do you prefer?Picture 1 - StandardPicture 2 - Blackened
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 24/01/09 12:00 AM Posted 24/01/09 12:00 AM IMO there's no way the older 18's look better then the new 19inch Argents.One question though, can anyone suggest a place where I can get the chrome centre caps on the Argents powder coated to match the wheel's? Preferably in QLD.
MADF6 Member 399 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Posted 24/01/09 10:22 AM Author Posted 24/01/09 10:22 AM These pictures are of 19" standard rims. They are the same size as the dark agents...
phatal Member 205 Member For: 18y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Poxby Downs, SA Posted 25/01/09 01:55 AM Posted 25/01/09 01:55 AM Now if you could order the factory rims in 19 X 9.5 or 10 to suit 275 rears that would be awesome!
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 25/01/09 06:49 AM Posted 25/01/09 06:49 AM MADF6 - I think they look fantastic in black in the 2nd photo lol...Looks great!Its similar to how most the the wheels that come on HSV's look great when they are sprayed black.Id go with it and get them painted if I were you!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now