shifty_22 Member 2 Member For: 18y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 13/01/09 07:34 AM Posted 13/01/09 07:34 AM hi guys.. just been doing a little reading before I upgrade. have a xr6 turbo 03... been good car but want a fpv ... so going to test drive a fg f6 this weekend but when I was in there the sales man was trying to well not really trying to sell me a gt but was saying they cant sell the gt's cause everyone wants the f6! like me so they had a ex demo 1 in there that he would sell for 50,000. so that's a saving of around 17,000. and was full options. I love the 6 turbo but nothin sounds better then a 8. also f6 better to upgrade but wouldnt for a while... guess I might just have to test drive them both and see what comments come out of this... or there is always the option of buying a secound hand typoon or a new fg xr6 turbo as they have 270kw hmmmm.... so a little help here please!!!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/01/09 07:38 AM Posted 13/01/09 07:38 AM F6
TUFGSR Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 21y 7m 22d Posted 13/01/09 07:39 AM Posted 13/01/09 07:39 AM Stock for Stock F6 wins hands down. Yes the 8 sounds and looks better but it's performance is very average. I would say the FGT goes just as hard as the GT.Unless you charge the GT get a phoon they are an awesome car!
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/01/09 07:59 AM Posted 13/01/09 07:59 AM If I had the money to upgrade I'd be going the GT and then supercharging it. Nothing sounds as good!
IEATV8S Member 354 Member For: 19y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Albury, NSW Posted 13/01/09 08:07 AM Posted 13/01/09 08:07 AM A saving of 17k nice that should get you a very nice SC setup
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/01/09 08:16 AM Posted 13/01/09 08:16 AM You just have to check out TUFGSR's setup... Get a GT and blow it... :-)
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 13/01/09 09:07 AM Posted 13/01/09 09:07 AM
RIPGMH Legacy Donating Member 302 Member For: 22y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 13/01/09 09:29 AM Posted 13/01/09 09:29 AM A blown GT is insane ,other wise go F6 ,that's my two cents
DRAXF6 Member 92 Member For: 18y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Druitt Sydney Posted 13/01/09 09:36 AM Posted 13/01/09 09:36 AM F6 for sure!!!!
kevo Member 286 Member For: 18y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo, Perth WA Posted 13/01/09 09:37 AM Posted 13/01/09 09:37 AM DON'T GET THE GT!They are so bloody slow!sure I love whipple chargers but I can think of better ways to spend $20,000, they are cops without a blower though
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now