mrbaxr6t Member 35 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Posted 05/01/09 11:11 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:11 AM Hi allIm installing my aftermarket turbosmart BOV this weekend. I just want to kniow what do I do with the stock one? Do I remove it completly? Block where the vacuum used to be? if so, with what?Cheers Frank
PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 05/01/09 11:29 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:29 AM Left or right shoulder. You chose, and throw it.If your fitting an aftermarket BOV then you will be removing the standard one.The vaccum line will be required for the new BOV so don't block it.
mrbaxr6t Member 35 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Posted 05/01/09 11:35 AM Author Posted 05/01/09 11:35 AM Left or right shoulder. You chose, and throw it.If your fitting an aftermarket BOV then you will be removing the standard one.The vaccum line will be required for the new BOV so don't block it.Ok so what will happen where the stock bov used to be? I understand that I wil use the vacuum line. But if I remove the standard bov wont there be a whole I need to block or sumthin?cheers Frank
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 05/01/09 11:38 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:38 AM yes, the pipe that runs towards the turbo, block that hole off. use a 25mm chair stopper from bunnings or any hardware.
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/01/09 11:41 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:41 AM I found it to be a great mormon rock
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/01/09 11:45 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:45 AM also depends where your mounting it? if its in the factory position should be nothing to block up if its a direct replacement. but if your using a adapter pipe like the turbosmart one from cooler to crossover you need to clamp the provided plugs in the standard hoses
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 05/01/09 11:49 AM Posted 05/01/09 11:49 AM I still like to block off the one on the intake jsut to stop stuff getting its way in
mrbaxr6t Member 35 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Posted 06/01/09 07:48 AM Author Posted 06/01/09 07:48 AM So the bunings stopper is a straight in fit? It is a turbosmart BOV and will be run just over the exhaust manifold. I just wanna make sure of everythin so I dont start cuttin pipe and end up missing sumthing.Cheers Frank
mrbaxr6t Member 35 Member For: 17y 10m 7d Posted 06/01/09 08:23 AM Author Posted 06/01/09 08:23 AM Or can you leave the stanrd one off and just take off the vacuum?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now