TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/12/08 10:16 AM Posted 23/12/08 10:16 AM I just picked up some new brakes I scored for 1.5k. AP Racing 4 pots, 330mm two piece slotted rotors, pads and the mounting brackets. Used, but for f*ck all time, in EC and still with heaps of meat on them. I just had the wheels off to have a look if they clear my rims, they do and it looks like a petty straight forward bolt on, bolt off swap. Only thing missing is the lines. Can anybody confirm that I can use the stockies or do I need others?
MaTTe Member 143 Member For: 17y 11m 1d Location: Perth Posted 23/12/08 03:03 PM Posted 23/12/08 03:03 PM provided the thread on the hose is the same and located in a similar enough position when mounted so that you have enough play when turning the wheels, I don't see any reason why you should need to change the brake lines..you have the option but not the need
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 23/12/08 04:41 PM Posted 23/12/08 04:41 PM Do yourself a favour and get some decent braided lines and toss the OEM's...If your doing it you might as well do it right first time.....
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 23/12/08 08:55 PM Posted 23/12/08 08:55 PM
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 23/12/08 10:10 PM Posted 23/12/08 10:10 PM 100% on th braided lines man, they make even stock brakes feel a hell of a lot better!Nice pick up for the APs too mate
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/12/08 12:39 AM Author Posted 24/12/08 12:39 AM Yeah that was originally the plan until I realised it cost about 400 bucks for 4 lengths of f*ckin hose. Plus that whole christmas bullsh*t has really hit my wallet hard. That and the fact that ive spent about 5k in two weeks on this car I was originally planning to sell... Anybody know where I can pick up some lines at a decent price then?
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 24/12/08 12:56 AM Posted 24/12/08 12:56 AM I wont tell you they are a member here....but try this mob: http://www.racebrakes.com.au/
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 24/12/08 01:50 AM Posted 24/12/08 01:50 AM it should be alot less than $400 for braided lines for the front!!!
ravenhard Legacy Donating Member 1,517 Member For: 18y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Blacktown! Posted 24/12/08 02:32 AM Posted 24/12/08 02:32 AM I was quoted $140 for braided lines for the fronts to go onto standard calipers from racebrakes sydney. Pretty cheap just waiting for after xmas. Dont know if they would be different to the AP calipers you got though.
vipxrt Member 28 Member For: 20y 1m 22d Gender: Male Posted 24/12/08 02:47 AM Posted 24/12/08 02:47 AM that's pretty good, I might look into those guys
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now