PLAYRZ Legacy Donating Member 333 Member For: 21y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 20/12/08 09:43 AM Posted 20/12/08 09:43 AM After months of hunting I finally decided to treat the car to an early Xmas present.Wheels are Giovanna Dalar in matte black with machined face 20x8.5 (+35 offset) all round. Brake clearance was a MAJOR issues as I'm sure every other FPV owner has experience. Unfortunately the company who supplied these wheels (they will remain nameless) either dont know what they are talking about or simply lied to me to make the sale as these will DID NOT FIT over the Brembo brakes. I was forced to use a 3mm spacer on the front to get enough clearance.The suspension (Kings SL & SSL) is going in on Monday so will post the after pics as a comparison.
TaHa Member 948 Member For: 18y 4m 7d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/08 09:46 AM Posted 20/12/08 09:46 AM (edited) works fine now though? man that looks killer, should look mad once its lowerd Edited 20/12/08 09:47 AM by RATED X
PLAYRZ Legacy Donating Member 333 Member For: 21y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 20/12/08 09:49 AM Author Posted 20/12/08 09:49 AM (edited) Yeah, OK now but I really didnt want to use a spacer. The thing that annoyed me the most was I was VERY specific about brake fitment prior to ordering the wheels and was told numerous times by the supplier that they WOULD fit. Edited 20/12/08 09:52 AM by PLAYRZ
jet jockey Member 36 Member For: 22y 7m 8d Posted 20/12/08 10:06 AM Posted 20/12/08 10:06 AM you could of told them that you didnt want them...
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/08 10:41 AM Posted 20/12/08 10:41 AM damn that looks good, nice choice mate
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 24d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 20/12/08 10:54 AM Posted 20/12/08 10:54 AM Not too keen on the jagerd silver edge. If it was round it would have looked better IMO
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/12/08 11:00 AM Posted 20/12/08 11:00 AM I am on the fence if I like it or not, but the machine face looks rough.It looks like it is caused by gutter rash and not intentional. It might be the pictures make them weird, but it is not a clean edge.Also the brakes may catch when they warm up and expand. Be very careful.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 20/12/08 11:26 AM Posted 20/12/08 11:26 AM I was thinking the same about the calipers...be buggered if I'd be driving with them like that, one little bit of flex and you be in a world of hurt....They look better on commodes...
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 16d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 20/12/08 11:33 AM Posted 20/12/08 11:33 AM I know what you are talking about with wheel option, I went through around 7 sets of wheels all were supposed to clear the brembos but didn't. I even got told by 3 reps that they have seen the wheels on a F6 but when they turned up I couldn't even get them on the wheel studs. As mentioned be very careful with such as small clearance as I was told that they needed to have a 5mm gap to allow for brake movement from heat. Maybe try a 5mm spacer, can't see the diffenece as you are already using spacers.Russ
PLAYRZ Legacy Donating Member 333 Member For: 21y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: VIC Posted 20/12/08 11:11 PM Author Posted 20/12/08 11:11 PM Thanks for the input guys, I might have to revisit the spacing on the front. I wasnt aware that the calipers could/will expand so much when hot. I'll try and get some measurements and aim for at least 5mm. I really dont want to send the wheels back to supplier, cos its been such a pain in the ass to even find something that fits, that I like, and can afford.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now