coz Member 50 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/11/08 11:27 PM Posted 28/11/08 11:27 PM Hi Guys...I have a 03 XR6 Turbo ute, the coil packs have started to sh*t themselves, so I got new ones for it and thought I would replace the plugs too... I bought those platinum iridium ones got it all back together and when I went to kick it back over it was severly miss firing and dumping alot of fuel out the arse... A mate of mine said that those plugs are nothing but trouble from his past experience, so I took them out and put normal plugs in, started it up and the same thing happened. I took the new coil packs off and put the old ones back in and still the same thing happened... Any help towards my problem would be really appreciated!!Thanks guys, Corey.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 28/11/08 11:37 PM Posted 28/11/08 11:37 PM mate the only thing you can try first is redo the coils with the new ones and take a lot of care putting the coil packs on and make sure they seat properly and double check all your wires to the coil packs make sure the little plugs are all in tight ,also check any wiring around the throttle body etc for loose wires
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 29/11/08 01:38 AM Posted 29/11/08 01:38 AM Did you make sure all those little black bung things are pressing down nicely ontop of EVERY coil???
coz Member 50 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/11/08 04:16 AM Author Posted 29/11/08 04:16 AM all fixed now boys!! thanks for your help... I just redid it all and it is firing all 6 now!! although when I took it for a drive I noticed that it has alot of induction noise as it comes on boost and when you back off the standard safety valve is quite loud, usually there isnt much induction noise and the safety valve doesnt make much noise either... I checked all the plumbing and its all tight, so maybe I did something wrong when putting it together!!!
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 29/11/08 05:19 AM Posted 29/11/08 05:19 AM (edited) why did you think the coils were going?Sounds to me you have had another problem all along.time to put a scantool on your car and see what it comes up with.Or alernatly you could have an air leak some where which will play havoc with the car Edited 29/11/08 05:21 AM by simmo
coz Member 50 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/11/08 05:22 AM Author Posted 29/11/08 05:22 AM the coils were rooted!!! in high revs it used to surge quite a bit and a reliable mechanic told me to replace the plugs and coil packs... whtas this scantool you mentioned mate??
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 29/11/08 07:32 AM Posted 29/11/08 07:32 AM it sounds like it might be good now mate if its boostin hard youwill here it spool up
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 7m 28d Posted 29/11/08 09:49 AM Posted 29/11/08 09:49 AM Check that the rubber joiner at the throttle body hasnt folded in when you put it back on and make sure the hose from the under battery pipe hasnt popped off. Both can cause loud intake or boost noise.
coz Member 50 Member For: 17y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/11/08 09:55 AM Author Posted 29/11/08 09:55 AM oh ok... that hose under that battery is the only one I havent checked, thanks mate... it is running good, not missing at all, its different though, the boost isnt progressive like it was with the old coil packs, now it actually spools... but I will have a look under the battery!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now