Skinon Member 4 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Posted 27/11/08 07:58 AM Posted 27/11/08 07:58 AM FINALLY! managed to join this forum, stupid registration wouldnt let me register a hotmail address or a gmail address and email help is useless no one would email back!!! dammmmmm annoyed. anyway over it now and stoked I could finally join.... Anyway I work at a performance garage mainly jap perfermance in NZ I have a R32 Gtst skyline with a fully done up Rb21det waiting to go in it... BUT I am also looking for a BA XR6 turbo, just waitin for the right one, it has to be black, manual, and leather so hard to find a manual leather one! anyway looking forward to doin it up and learnin some more bout them!!! Regards Dan
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 27/11/08 08:02 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:02 AM stay away from the 5 speed manual if you can. Also if modding a 6 speed budget for a new clutch
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/11/08 08:02 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:02 AM Welcome bud, don't get a 5 speed.
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 27/11/08 08:03 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:03 AM good move on the next car..
Skinon Member 4 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Posted 27/11/08 08:17 AM Author Posted 27/11/08 08:17 AM Oh real when do the 5 speeds change to 6 speeds? thought they were all 6... ahwell mint this exactly why I joined the site haha... so whats the reliability like on these cars in general?? I do alotta long drives and I want somethin like 330-350rwkw's so whats the mod list for that kinda power?? anything I needa look out for? ha im still tryna shift my mind from rotors and gtrs haha
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 27/11/08 08:19 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:19 AM exhuast with high flow cat, flash tuner/tune, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler, valve springs depending on wat model.. and clutch
XRSCAR Member 414 Member For: 18y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: FTG, Victoria Posted 27/11/08 08:23 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:23 AM Engine wise you'll need valve springs, injectors, nizpro/plazaman/rapid/pw cooler, 4" dump 3.5" cat, surge tank and fuel pump should see you close to those figures.I would be considering getting a later BF model rather than BA as the later BF's have the F6 internals in them.Hopefully none of the information I wrote above was wrong
Skinon Member 4 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Posted 27/11/08 08:39 AM Author Posted 27/11/08 08:39 AM o real?? is that all I needa do? what about turbo changes? I heard the wastegate hole in the turbos are too small to run any sorta stable boost curve over 12psi? I was thinking about putting a aftermarket gt35\40 with a 1.06 ex housing and external gate what would you guys think? do you know what size the ex housing is on the stocka? lets say we talking about a bf 6speed coon, they use a garrett 35\40 with internal gate right?
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 27/11/08 08:43 AM Posted 27/11/08 08:43 AM standard Turbo will see you happily into 350+ territory with the mods described
Skinon Member 4 Member For: 17y 10m 4d Posted 27/11/08 08:48 AM Author Posted 27/11/08 08:48 AM ah so I assume your car has the standard turbo on it? and its doin 350rwkw? siiiiiiiiiic looks faaaarken mean too! well cheers everyone I think im gonna gomove to the tech forums!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now