Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Posted 12/11/08 08:03 AM Posted 12/11/08 08:03 AM Hey Guys,My car has been going into Limp mode unexpectedly ever since I've fitted a bigger intake without a tune.but I changed it back to stock asap..a mate of mine told me that with honda's all you need to do is d/c the battery so the ecu resets. for about 15 minsand it would fix the problem, so the car recognises the new mods..would this work ?thanks
Muzza No V6 for me thanks!! Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 21y 2m 4d Location: Newcastle Posted 12/11/08 08:08 AM Posted 12/11/08 08:08 AM Ring around & see if any of the local workshops have a Carman or snapon scanner to clear faults....No easy way sorry.Muz.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 12/11/08 09:20 AM Posted 12/11/08 09:20 AM by intake you mean a cai right id think its unlikly to have been cause from that are you sure you didnt bump something else when working on your car ?
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Posted 13/11/08 02:30 PM Author Posted 13/11/08 02:30 PM I actually have a huge intercooler on without a tuneso im just wondering if this trick would work.. out of curiousityas I wouldnt wana risk driving round and run into limp mode while in traffic
EdB Member 46 Member For: 18y 28d Posted 17/11/08 08:29 AM Posted 17/11/08 08:29 AM I actually have a huge intercooler on without a tuneHey mate,I have no idea how disconnecting the battery will help the car "recognise" physical additions to the intake pathway.Get a custom tune cause your probably overboosting. Ed
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Posted 18/11/08 06:00 AM Posted 18/11/08 06:00 AM dont you have a manual ??
XRDOSE BIGRED Legacy Donating Member 1,410 Member For: 19y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sth East Melb Posted 18/11/08 06:56 AM Posted 18/11/08 06:56 AM there are cars that are able to recognise mods and adjust the ecu to suit, I was talking to a guy fri nite who has an AMG s/c V8 with work done to it and he told me the merc ecu knows when modifications have been made to the car and alters the tune itself to suit the mods. pretty cool IMO but I dont think fords do that.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 18/11/08 06:58 AM Posted 18/11/08 06:58 AM unfortunately our taxis are not AMGs
Toxic Beast Member 514 Member For: 20y 1m 16d Gender: Male Posted 18/11/08 07:09 AM Author Posted 18/11/08 07:09 AM hah.. damnyes mike, it is manual.. why?
used_2_like_rice Member 8 Member For: 18y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 18/11/08 09:37 AM Posted 18/11/08 09:37 AM Hey Guys,My car has been going into Limp mode unexpectedly ever since I've fitted a bigger intake without a tune.but I changed it back to stock asap..a mate of mine told me that with honda's all you need to do is d/c the battery so the ecu resets. for about 15 minsand it would fix the problem, so the car recognises the new mods..would this work ?thanksHondas, Nissans, Toyotas, they all do it, what you are meant to do is disconnect both sides of the battery, put something on the brake pedal so it discharges all your circuitry, plug her back in half an hour - a hour later and away she goes, I used to do it to my 200sx with every mod I did, only changed the ECU when it hit 450kw.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now